Honored Contributor

Re: Flip or Flop is Ending Again.....

[ Edited ]

I can't stand either one of them---they are both egomaniacs....I wish HGTV would get back to innovating and creative decorating shows instead of nothing but renovation shows....🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Did they also cancel the Flip Or Flop spin-offs in other areas? 

I kind of liked the Atlanta couple, Ken & Anita something-or-other.  I liked her design aesthetic & they didn't bicker & fuss at each other all the time.

Honored Contributor

Wasn't there a Flip or Flop Atlanta, Nashville, and Las Vegas?

Did they cancel all of them? I haven't seen any of the above in a very long time!

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Did they cancel all of them? I haven't seen any of the above in a very long time!

@CANDLEQUEEN - I haven't seen any of those versions in a long time.  My favorite of that group was Las Vegas.  The wife was over the top with her designs and colors she chose, but people bought it.  She loved to use bling.  Another favorite I liked was Desert Flippers in Palm Springs.  They had nice designs and seemed to be down to earth.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN - I haven't seen any of those versions in a long time.  My favorite of that group was Las Vegas.  The wife was over the top with her designs and colors she chose, but people bought it.  She loved to use bling.  Another favorite I liked was Desert Flippers in Palm Springs.  They had nice designs and seemed to be down to earth.

@twinsister Yes, Las Vegas was a good looking couple and the wife did outrageous designs and colors sometimes, but it worked in that market.....I wonder if they aren't going to bring them back in the future??

Super Contributor

I could never watch more than 5 minutes of her when I tried watching the show when it first started ... or him for putting up with her.

Esteemed Contributor

I only saw the Vegas show a few times and had the impression the designs were more for theme rentals. In fact, one show I saw specifically said that’s why the buyers bought it. I think would be fun for that, but would not like to live in their designs IMO. (I only saw 2/3 shows, so not the best sample).
Super Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I can't stand either one of them---they are both egomaniacs....I wish HGTV would get back to innovating and creative decorating shows instead of nothing but renovation shows....🙄

I agree. I haven't watched the channel for years because they're just a real estate channel now.

Bring back what made the channel popular to begin with ... home decor and gardening shows.

Trusted Contributor

I usually watch the beginning and then watch the reveal.  They do amazing transformations.  But I hate the bickering.  It seems worse since the divorce.  Also, I know this is petty, but she has the worst diction and her sentences drop off like she runs out of breath.  I wonder if she's had a lot of dental work.

Esteemed Contributor

In this finale, you could actually witness the tension in this business relationship. Christina was very abrupt and wasn't available at the end to view the house. It seemed like she did it intentionally. Their parting ways was very uncomfortable. She had her fiance in the car and he had his wife. It was done very matter of fact with no sense of loss. She said they will see each other because of their children.She does move on fast with her relationships.