Honored Contributor

Re: Flip or Flop back together?

@software wrote:

Christina's new home is very extravagant.   `One of the new show's episodes was her finding & renovating her own home with her new husband.   She made a comment that she was blessed to have earned the money to enjoy the luxury.`  I guess she reads the comments

FWIW

@software . It is very elegant, and the money they put into the pool and backyard alone-Wow!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Well --- money wins out!  They want to keep making the big bucks so I guess they can stand to work together for the show and to keep their expensive life style going!  Then, she has her own show and he has his own show.  I don't see the attraction with either one of them and don't watch them, but whatever!  

@AngelPuppy1 

Oh, so what?   

Trust me .....  even cheap homes in California are quite expensive, and if they are lucky enough to have a show that works for them ...  and HGTV ....  good for them!    

Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

You all should read some of the Reddit forums and interviews with former HGTV employees sometime.  You will see how fake these shows are and what HGTV pays for and and what they don't and how they curate these "houses" that don't really exist or sell.

I watch for the reveals/decor at the end.

If you watch Good Bones, you will see that at the beginning of every episode this season, Mina is pregnant and then halfway through she is holding Jack.  LOL

It makes your head spin.

I noticed that, but so what? They showed them out of sequence. I love Good Bones. It's a fun interaction between Mina, her mom, her bro, and her crew. They don't make tons on these houses, and none of their houses are cookie cutter. I much prefer this show to Fixer Upper, which to me is just the same show and designs over and over. 

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I used to watch their show but not so much after awhile. I’ve seen a few of her new shows but none of their shows together. 

If I watch any of the renovation shows I would prefer theirs. I don’t like the Waco show or the Love it or List it one.

You pretty much have your pick of rehab type shows because that's about all they do now on HGTV. I miss the variety of the old HGTV. You've got the Waco show, the LA show, the Indianapolis show, the Mississippi show, the Vegas show, and the Palm Springs show. If you want to see true luxury rehab, there is Windy City Chicago rehab show. Talk about the wow factor.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

More power to them!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin