Esteemed Contributor

Re: Flip or Flop back together?

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@lovesrecess  has her show already been cancelled?  I did not like her on the original show...and only saw a few minutes of her new show..did not like that at all. Seems a bit haughty to me.

@Mom2Dogs - Her new show hasn't been cancelled - supposedly did very well in the ratings.  She did say they will include her pregnancy and birth in her new show, so it sounds like there will be a second season.

Trusted Contributor

I    didn't like her on the old show, he seemed like he was a nerd and she was using him to go up the ladder,they just didn't go together. I watched her first episode [new show], but i can't stand her.seems like its not on anymore ,was it cancelled?I don't think I will watch if they are on the new one together,that seems phony,let him do his own show and see who does the better job.tucka.

Esteemed Contributor

First of all, they got in a bind a couple of times when they had too many projects going and couldn't extend on their loans. They borrowed from his mom once and from her dad, but it was short term, and they paid with interest. No big deal. As far as the two of them, I'd much rather watch him than her. It always cracked me up when they would have her speak to the camera about something and they had a wind machine on her hair. He worked his butt off on those houses, and she swept in with her design choices and then left it all to him and his crew. He laid tile and floors, tore things down, etc. etc. I felt bad for him because their marriage fell apart about the time they had a new baby and he was diagnosed with two kinds of cancer: thyroid and testicular, I think. He was alerted about one of them by a nurse who watched the show. Christina's new husband seems like a nice guy, but I find her to be a prima dona.

Honored Contributor

You all should read some of the Reddit forums and interviews with former HGTV employees sometime.  You will see how fake these shows are and what HGTV pays for and and what they don't and how they curate these "houses" that don't really exist or sell.

I watch for the reveals/decor at the end.

If you watch Good Bones, you will see that at the beginning of every episode this season, Mina is pregnant and then halfway through she is holding Jack.  LOL

It makes your head spin.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Christina's show already wrapped. It concluded last week and Flip or Flop's new season began 8-1. I'm glad they are still flipping houses. I love her style. I get so many great ideas! I can say that there is something about her new hubby that just creeps me out. I really can't see them lasting. Tarek seems like a great guy and he loves his kids to the moon and back. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Christina's show already wrapped. It concluded last week and Flip or Flop's new season began 8-1. I'm glad they are still flipping houses. I love her style. I get so many great ideas! I can say that there is something about her new hubby that just creeps me out. I really can't see them lasting. Tarek seems like a great guy and he loves his kids to the moon and back. 

@ID2  I don't see things lasting with the new guy either. There is something strange there but I can't put my finger on it. I like Tarek a lot too.

Honored Contributor

I guess the ratings were a lot better on Flip or Flop; HGTV needs to fill programming 24/7, so the decision was probably obvious.

Many many many years ago, Sonny & Cher continued doing their show even before they announced they were divorcing.

Another dollars and cents decision .... everybody's gotta make a living, right?

Honored Contributor

Well --- money wins out!  They want to keep making the big bucks so I guess they can stand to work together for the show and to keep their expensive life style going!  Then, she has her own show and he has his own show.  I don't see the attraction with either one of them and don't watch them, but whatever!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Christina's new home is very extravagant.   `One of the new show's episodes was her finding & renovating her own home with her new husband.   She made a comment that she was blessed to have earned the money to enjoy the luxury.`  I guess she reads the comments

FWIW

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to watch their show but not so much after awhile. I’ve seen a few of her new shows but none of their shows together. 

If I watch any of the renovation shows I would prefer theirs. I don’t like the Waco show or the Love it or List it one.