Respected Contributor

I watched this Flip or Flop Vegas and turned it off halfway through.  The woman did most of the designing and talking and the guy was sort of window dressing.  Why can't writers come up with a different show????

Contributor

Re: Flip Or Flop Vegas

[ Edited ]

IMO I think they are Tarek n Christina wanna be's.  (FLIP OR FLOP)

Honored Contributor

@fortune

Once HGTV gets a hold of a show concept they have to have tons of shows just like it...........I agree with your assessment on the Flip or Flop Vegas......  And if you think that is bad you should watch Home Town---a not so great version of Fixer Upper........Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

I watched 2 episodes of this show and did not find it appealing at all. The wife was very bossy and insisted on everything having a lot of Vegas 'bling'.  The husband seemed like an after thought with the wife being the one in control. 

Respected Contributor

I watched Flip/Flop Vegas once all the way through. Once was enough.  I also tried Home Town, thinking I might enjoy something more "local" to my Louisiana location.. It was terrible. Neither of the "stars" had enough personality to carry the show, and I turned it off halfway through.

I wasn't wild about Tarek and Christina, but I got used to them and enjoyed their shows - at least when they seemed to be a couple and happy parents. Don't watch it anymore.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@fortune

Once HGTV gets a hold of a show concept they have to have tons of shows just like it...........I agree with your assessment on the Flip or Flop Vegas......  And if you think that is bad you should watch Home Town---a not so great version of Fixer Upper........Woman Frustrated

They follow in the footsteps of Food Network - except Food Network has also decided to "Junior" everything.

They used to be my go to channels, not anymore...

Honored Contributor

I thought the only thing HGTV was showing these days was Fixer Upper (which I never watch)!  Seems like it's on almost every day!  

I used to watch HGTV a lost more in the past.  But very little any more.  No interest in that LasVegas show.

Honored Contributor

I never watch HGTV anymore, because to me all they ever seem to have on is Property Brothers, Flip or Flop, or Fixer Upper, and they always have marathons, like all day. That channel has become unwatcheable for me. It used to be one of my favorite channels to watch, but no longer way too repetitive, and no imagination for anything new and different...... 

Honored Contributor

I miss people like Carter Oosterhouse, Candace Olsen, John Gidding.

I know there are so many more that I enjoyed.    I like the show where a homeowner finds a room in a magazine, costing 10s of 1,000s of dollars and the designer remakes the room for maybe $2000.

I'm so glad David Bromstad is still around, I like his show My Lottery Dream Home.   He doesn't do any decorating but his eye for quality is obvious.  I like his enthusiasm.

I watch DIY more now.  Love Stone House Revival, Rehab Addict, Barnwood Builders, all the "crasher" shows and "I Want That".    Many of these shows are only 30 minutes.   So many of those "flip" shows can be done in 30 minutes, 1 hour is way too long and torturous.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@fortune

They follow in the footsteps of Food Network - except Food Network has also decided to "Junior" everything.

They used to be my go to channels, not anymore...

@CelticCrafter

Your 100% correct, The Food Network is owned by the same company as HGTV and it shows..............on The Food Network its Diners, Drive Ins, & Dives, or some version of Chopped (be it Juniors, Champions, or Cook or Con---which is basically chopped and guessing if the person cooking is the real chef), or people eating food and talking about it (ZZZZZZZ--a borefest for sure).................  At least there's Trisha Yearwood making recipes for the average home cook! .........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”