Esteemed Contributor

15 yabba dabba true facts about 'The Flintstones'

Let's celebrate Fred, Wilma, Barney and Betty with 15 things you might not know about The Flintstones.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Were those pilot episodes last night? The song wasn't the one we all remember.

@AuntG @I know where is the theme song ?!   Flintstones meet the Flintstones there a modern Stone Age family ........😏. Must be very early episodes.

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

@AuntG @I know where is the theme song ?!   Flintstones meet the Flintstones there a modern Stone Age family ........😏. Must be very early episodes.

@Kitty Galore  The Meet the Flintstones theme didn't begin until the third season.

The opening and closing credits theme during the first two seasons was called "Rise and Shine", a lively instrumental underscore accompanying Fred on his drive home from work. The tune resembled "The Bugs Bunny Overture (This Is It!)", the theme song of The Bugs Bunny Show, also airing on ABC at the time, and may have been the reason the theme was changed in the third season. Starting in season 3, episode 3 ("Barney the Invisible"), the opening and closing credits theme was the familiar vocal "Meet the Flintstones". This version was recorded with a 22-piece big band, and the Randy Van Horne Singers. The melody is derived from part of the 'B' section of Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 17 Movement 2, composed in 1801/02. The "Meet the Flintstones" opening was later added to the first two seasons for syndication.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @lmt , never knew about two opening songs.

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

@Kitty Galore  The Meet the Flintstones theme didn't begin until the third season.

The opening and closing credits theme during the first two seasons was called "Rise and Shine", a lively instrumental underscore accompanying Fred on his drive home from work. The tune resembled "The Bugs Bunny Overture (This Is It!)", the theme song of The Bugs Bunny Show, also airing on ABC at the time, and may have been the reason the theme was changed in the third season. Starting in season 3, episode 3 ("Barney the Invisible"), the opening and closing credits theme was the familiar vocal "Meet the Flintstones". This version was recorded with a 22-piece big band, and the Randy Van Horne Singers. The melody is derived from part of the 'B' section of Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 17 Movement 2, composed in 1801/02. The "Meet the Flintstones" opening was later added to the first two seasons for syndication.

@lmt   thanks for the info on the theme song , I like knowing the back story on things like this .  Beethoven wow !    There was a lot of thought put into that theme song truly😺

Respected Contributor
Another Flintstones fan! Wish they would bring back cartoon Felix The Cat, my favorite cartoon growing up.
Honored Contributor

I had this  big purple  DINO  the dinosaur toy that was battery operated... it moved and walked.  I see they are selling them on Ebay for close to $500 now.

download (2).jpg

Honored Contributor

This show is great. Has a lot of subtle references we didn't pick up as kids. Tonight is a take off of Alfred Hitchcock movies.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

Excited about the Flintstones coming to Metv!   Wish they would bring the Jetsons too!  

I was really enjoying them and then I am thinking Spectrum took metv off their lineup.  It says technical difficulties.  I am going to call them.  All of a sudden its gone.  Crazy cable companies.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I was really enjoying them and then I am thinking Spectrum took metv off their lineup.  It says technical difficulties.  I am going to call them.  All of a sudden its gone.  Crazy cable companies.

Yeah, what the heck?   I record 'My Three Sons' and for the last few days it just has that message and I have no idea.  I keep forgetting to look it up and see if it is something permanent or what.   Smiley Sad