Honored Contributor

I just started watching this tonight on Amazon. It's an English comedy about a very offbeat young woman, who runs an unsuccessful cafe, and breaks up with her boyfriend regularly. There is a lot of sex, so if that's  a problem for you avoid it. I think it's very funny, and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it.  I keep forgetting. That  I can watch Prime video, they really have many good features.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I just started watching this tonight on Amazon. It's an English comedy about a very offbeat young woman, who runs an unsuccessful cafe, and breaks up with her boyfriend regularly. There is a lot of sex, so if that's  a problem for you avoid it. I think it's very funny, and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it.  I keep forgetting. That  I can watch Prime video, they really have many good features.

I just got around to watching both seasons of this show since it won a number of Emmys. I LOVED it! I love her humor, the way she speaks and winks to the audience. I'm sad because I don't think there will be a season 3.

Valued Contributor

Love, love , love this show!!  Wish there was going to be another season.  However, she has a deal with Netflix to create more shows. Looking forward to them!

Trusted Contributor

I finally watched this series after its recent Emmy award win. I liked season 2 better than 1 since 1 was quite gloomy. It has a great cast. It was confirmed there won't be a season 3 but I do look forward to whatever she does next since she has a great quirky sense of humor. 

Respected Contributor

Watched the first moments of S1 Ep1 last night and literally laughed out loud. 

Trust me, I'm not usually shocked by much of anything, but the opening moments DID surprise me with the subject matter.  But it was done very humorously and cleverly, so I'll be eager to return after I finish all the other binge series I'm viewing.

Denise
Trusted Contributor
@Jordan2
@Jen44

After reading your great reviews here, I FINALLY watched both seasons of "Fleabag." Sorry I am soooo late to the party here! LOVED both seasons!

I am really sad to hear there will not be a Season 3!

Just learned that this was a STAGE SHOW in London before Phobe Waller-Bridge turned it into a TV show. Can you imagine it as live theater?? Wow!

She is also on the cover of "Vogue" this month...absolutely striking woman. Tall, model-thin and so darn funny.

What an accomplishment....The character she created in Fleabag was so mean and miserable and self-centered yet...oddly...loveable!

This show has completely divided my family...it's one of those "absolutely love/absolutely despise" programs. My daughter and her boyfriend love it...my son finds it unfunny. I personally like it because it is an equal-opportunity offender...she insults everyone, men, women, children and even pets!
Trusted Contributor

Forgot to say...Thank you all for recommending this show! 💚

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

Add me to your son's side of the list. I don't see the hilarity others see in it. Mind you, I've just watched season one so far. I find occasional parts somewhat humorous, but by and large, it's a miss for me. As a general rule, I love offbeat British comedies and the sex doesn't bother me at all, "Coupling" may be the funniest series I've ever watched, but this is just a miss for me. I'll watch a bit of season two, but unless it really improves, I won't finish season two. I had to force myself to finish season one. I kept thinking, "It's got to get better." Sadly, it didn't. I'll give season two a few episodes and go from there.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman 

Yes! That's what my son says - and he, like you, is not a prude. He loves Monty P, Coupling, AbFab, etc., but Fleabag leaves him cold.

It is definitely one of those "love it/hate it" shows!