Honored Contributor

HGTV..anyone not like the new series on their Bed and Breakfast make over home?  

For some reason, I dislike this show.  I realize these shows are scripted but to me this one feels over scripted.

Respected Contributor

I like it a lot. Such a creative couple.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs I recorded tonight's episode but have not watched it. The whole Fixer to Fabulous franchise is an HGTV clone of Chip and Joanna's Fixer Upper. Chip and Joanna did a bed a breadfast in some of their episodes.

I think when Discovery did its own app and pulled some of the lead shows away from the HGTV channel, the programming suffered. I do like some of the designs done on Fixer to Fabulous, and I feel it is the strongest of the three or so new "couple" shows. The shows do have an obvious pattern with must have scenes. I suppose it is to define the brand of the show.

My thought is HGTV is scrambling to fill prime time slots so we have the Bed and Breakfast series that is being drawn out to multiple episodes.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a fan of Fixer to Fabulous with Jenny and Dave. The new show Welcome Inn I think that is what it's called is just ok to me.

I have watched all of the episodes but it does not grab me the way their regular show does. 

Valued Contributor

I'm not a fan of their show either, but even less impressed with the show with twins from SanFrancisco ... don't like their show or their decorating ...  HGTV has a little work to do with their lineup because I'm not a fan of much of it.

Honored Contributor

@Pantsonfire2    Twins...The brothers that are overexposed?  I didn't know they were from San Fran.

I cannot not tolerate them or their shows.  I miss the old days of  more interesting shows that HGTV used to do.  Inexpensive decorating shows and a few other older designers that had great talent for beautiful designs.

Valued Contributor

@Pantsonfire2   I think you mean the twins who base their show in Seattle and thereabouts. I happen to like them, although sometimes their decorating is too much.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

I don't like them at all -- maybe they're just to unbelievable and I don't like the Hometown couple either.

I used to enjoy Chip & Joanna on Fixer Upper until they started getting to "into themselves".  Scott Brothers never thrilled me either.

But, I still enjoy Hillary & David on Love It or List It.