Honored Contributor

First Planet of the Apes

[ Edited ]

Do you remember the one with Charleton Heston?  Do you remember how you felt afterwards?  It was a brand new type of movie back then.

Or The Boston Strangler with Tony Curtis?  That left an impression on me, right after I saw that.

Honored Contributor

Re: First Planet of the Apes

The first Planet of the Apes is a classic sci-fi with a strong ending.  I have never seen the Boston Strangler but since Tony Curtis is TCM's star of the month, I expect I will be watching it soon!

Respected Contributor

This gave me a good laugh out loud moment. I was in the seventh grade when we went to the theater to see this as our class party. We all thought it was really good and actually thought it was a possibility that this could be real.

Valued Contributor

@qualitygal  I was a mid teen. I thought Charleston Heston was a hunk!

Loved the movie then but haven't seen it again. Think it might seem silly 50 years later.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Do you remember the one with Charleton Heston?  Do you remember how you felt afterwards?  It was a brand new type of movie back then.

Or The Boston Strangler with Tony Curtis?  That left an impression on me, right after I saw that.

@qualitygal   I thought it was ridiculous, but now like it and the sequels I have seen since, havn't seen them all, but have them.  I never have see Star Trek, lol.

I did like the Boston Strnagler, bought it on VHS long ago.

Honored Contributor

I love when Taylor (Heston) says"Take your stinking paws off me you ****** dirty ape! "

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Yes... remember the original Planet of the Apes....loved it!

I "sort of" saw The Boston Strangler.....was on a date at the drive-in lol!

Contributor

My brother took me to see this movie.  I remember that the ticket taker was wearing an ape costume.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The original is the only POTA series I enjoyed watching.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Zaimee wrote:

@qualitygal  I was a mid teen. I thought Charleston Heston was a hunk!

Loved the movie then but haven't seen it again. Think it might seem silly 50 years later.

He was my very first Hollywood crush, @Zaimee .  I was only probably about 12 years old!  

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it