Honored Contributor

Re: First Downton Abbey Movie Pix!

[ Edited ]

From the movie - Anna & John Bates with their son.  (Posted on FB for Mothers Day in the UK which was 3/31)

Capture.PNG

Trusted Contributor

@Mj12
Thank you for posting this! Dare I say dark and brooding Mr. Bates looks positively light-hearted and happy here??
Esteemed Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

Love anything DA, but first met Julian Fellowes as Lord Kilwillie in Monarch of the Glen.

It's quite old, but really a fab series.

Set in modern times, there is little of the lushness of DA, but it is still fun to watch.

Honored Contributor

Wow x 2:

Gosford Park was his first film.  Way to start a distinguished career!

And he did the British miniseries on Titanic.  I had no idea.  It was so good.  I wonder if it's available somewhere now.  Everything else is factually incorrect and hype and stupid but his was factual and clever!

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman Julian Fellowes was an actor?? I just recently learned from @LoriLori that he wrote novels!!
Monarch of the Glen is often on PBS, but I've never seen it. I will now watch it to see Mr. Fellowes.
Thank you for the heads-up!
Honored Contributor

Imelda Staunton is joining the cast!  Yay!  Love her, especially as Professor Dolores Umbridge in the Harry Potter movies.

Sorry Lily James isn't in it.  I'm a big fan of hers and I'd like to know how Rose is doing.  .  

Esteemed Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

I will have to check for it on PBS -- although I have watched the entire series twice.  I simply adore it, and the end is as satisfying as it could be given all the changes that occur.

Kilwillie is a wonderful character and I was in love with him at first sight!  Not a handsome gent, but just appealing.  So talented!

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Imelda Staunton is joining the cast!  Yay!  Love her, especially as Professor Dolores Umbridge in the Harry Potter movies.

Sorry Lily James isn't in it.  I'm a big fan of hers and I'd like to know how Rose is doing.  .  

I did not know who that is so I looked her up.  She is married IRL to Mr. Carson!

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

I did not know who that is so I looked her up.  She is married IRL to Mr. Carson!

@Mj12  wow!  I had no idea.  Thanks for letting me know that!   She is a classically-trained actress who has had a successful career in theater, film and television.  I'm happy to learn she's married to Carson.  Show business marriages are so difficult and break up so often, I checked and was glad to learn they've been married a long time.  

Respected Contributor

Julian Fellows won an oscar for Best Original Screenplay for Gosford Park.