Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I guess I'm the only one still watching, but hey I like it! Last night there was a couple, I forget their names, they both traveled for their jobs. The guy asked her how old she was, which she didn't like (sure he shouldn't have asked). She is in the bathroom talking to a friend telling her she hates him. She said she is about 34 years old and the only one of her circle of friends not married (I can see why). She actually left the poor guy there before her meal even came! I'm sorry but that's just plain rude.The guy ends up taking her meal home for his friend.

All the work she had done made her look older than 34.  How old was he??

I liked the cute couple who said they had OCD, love that they laughed a lot.

Respected Contributor

Count me in as still watching.  The brother and sister that had dates were funny.  The girl (sorry I forget their names) seemed to really hit it off with the other girl.

However, I felt bad for the guy being paired with the blonde who seemed to think she was better than the rest of the world.  IMO, she came in with an attitude and her questioning him about "hot" topics was ridiculous IMO.  It just seemed like she was looking for an argument - I felt bad for him.

The couple that joked alot seemed very cute.

The older couple I wasn't sure about; he just seemed to "want to fall in love" too quickly if that makes sense.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm also still watching.  Agree with all said about the couples.  The older couple, he seemed like he'd be very smothering.

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I'm also still watching.  Agree with all said about the couples.  The older couple, he seemed like he'd be very smothering.

I agree that he was a little too anxious and creepy.  They both looked and acted older than their age.

Honored Contributor

I watched this last night, it amazes me how two people can have opposite opinions of the same event. The guy who was a plumber thought the date was going great, she not so much. He was looking for a wife and family, she wasn't at that point in her life. I found him putting his chewed gum on a plate and saying he had to pee, instead of saying he needed to go to the restroom or bathroom a turn off. The woman that had a date with the little person seemed to have no problem with his size and said she would go on another date (surfing). She evidently did have a problem with it because she ended up not going.Usually I'm on the side of the woman. but the guy who was on a date with the radio personality, I felt sorry for him. She drank way too much, belched, called the waiter boyfriend, and was passing judgement on him for having four kids with two "baby mamas" (her words not mine) without being married. When you meet someone for the first time, I don't think you have any right to judge them. If you don't like it, well then just move on. She actually went to the ladies room and spoke to someone in there, and came back a different woman. By then it was too late and he declined another date with. She blew it!

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2

i had the show on, but wasn't paying attention.  this sounds truly awful.

i'm going to watch next week and see what happens.

Honored Contributor

Re: First Dates

[ Edited ]

I rather think that the attorney and the pageant competitor would make a good couple.  She's 'pretty smart' (pun intended), imo.  I do believe that they complement each other.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

I have been watching this show. It is interesting to see how they all react to each other.

This is one show my husband watches with me. I think because it is drama free.

As soon as I saw that one guy put his gum on the plate I knew it was over for him.

I liked the barber and the hair colorist. The attorney and the pagent girl were cute too.

The radio DJ woman sabotaged her date. I sometimes wonder if they are really drinking as she was really downing the Patron. I would have been on the floor unable to move.

I like that they show a recap at the end. It is nice to see how they all ended up.    

Trusted Contributor

I turned it on to fill in an hour time gap before another show came on and I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it.  I'm getting a kick out of the differing opinions - one thinks the date is going well while their date thinks it's not working out.  It seems like they're are few that are working out into something more.  I find it interesting because my husband and I met on a blind date and we knew after the second date that we were meant to be together. 

Respected Contributor

I still watch.  The radio personality was a train wreck and I thought her date handled it very well.  He seemed nice.  I loved the couple from Seattle a couple of weeks ago--the one who knew his current roommate from elementary school?  They were well matched.  I also loved the pageant girl and lawyer from last Friday.

The plumber was a decent person, I thought.