Respected Contributor

I watched it On Demand, but don't know if I'll watch another episode.  It was just "okay" for me.  There used to be a show called "Blind Date" around 15 or so years ago, and it showed more of the actual dates.  I remember staying up "late" to watch it.  haha  

I thought the "nerdy" girl who didn't want a second date with the "nerdy" guy stated "no" in a sensitive manner.  I think she was really nice, but honest about not seeing a match between the two.  They both were "nerds," but he was more "geeky nerd," while she was more of a "techie nerd."  I thought both were nice, and the guy had potential, if he gained a little more social experience, IMHO.  I don't think the girl really has much trouble finding a date.

The girl with the breast implants only mentioned having a surgery -- it was the guy who asked what type of surgery.  It wasn't really a case of her blurting out "hey, I just got breast implants."  I know others may see it differently, though.  I didn't think she was that "bad."  She seemed fun, and didn't seem pretentious.  I don't think they were a match, though.  The guy was more "outdoors-y," while she was more "city."

I didn't like the girl who was a military vet.  She seemed too abrasive and kind of defensive.  The guy was a cutie, though.  If they continued to date, I have a feeling she controls the relationship.  

The older couple was sweet.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Frequent Contributor

First Dates has been running in the UK for a number of years. Will be interesting to see the twist that is put on it.

Esteemed Contributor
  • Not that interesting . Went to fast at the end so I don't know what took. Surprises at the older couple.
Honored Contributor

I watched this show again last night. Guess who was back again for another try at love, but Woody! His second date with Sara went much better than the one last week. These two were made for each other. She asked if he would try human meat, and he said YES! I would have run for the exit! She didn't like the beard but both agreed to a second date. Then there was Dylan and Yvonne, where to start. He comes to the date already having had a drink or two. He continues to drink through the date, starts slurring his words, doesn't know her name, and the topper is he wants to pay for the date but doesn't have his credit card! This girl was classy, she wanted to split the bill and then ended up paying for the entire bill. He then thinks the date went well and would like to see her again! She of course said no, she said it was the worst date ever and is now back with her ex. I thought the couple Andy and Jason were a good match and seemed very happy. 

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2....I thought that Dylan left his card with the bar tender when he arrived early.... ??  But he sure seemed to need to drink to have a date!

I loved the guys that found each other.... they seemed to be happy to have found each other....

The Indian man turned me off; the girl was beautiful and classy.

This is kind of a fun show. 

Honored Contributor

I never heard of this show.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I found it online.  I just watched the first 12 minutes.  It's definitely not very good.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I watched the first two shows late night and I was smiling when they ended. I thought most of it was really cool, I loved the older couple as well as the gay couple. I detested the man with the beard, he was full of himself and not crazy about the nerdy couple or the Indian man

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I felt bad for the older woman who hadn't been on a date for 20 years. She liked the man but she wasn't what he was looking for. The tall thin woman Jennifer was matched up with a real winner ( I forgot his name). He was on the phone outside the restaurant talking to someone saying he didn't want to be there and called someone babe. Even the interviewer was skeptical of him. He was texting when she went to the bathroom too. He had the nerve to want another date but she smartly said no. The African American guy was a real player, flirting with the waitress while he was on a date! I thought the Asian couple were really cute. 

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm the only one still watching, but hey I like it! Last night there was a couple, I forget their names, they both traveled for their jobs. The guy asked her how old she was, which she didn't like (sure he shouldn't have asked). She is in the bathroom talking to a friend telling her she hates him. She said she is about 34 years old and the only one of her circle of friends not married (I can see why). She actually left the poor guy there before her meal even came! I'm sorry but that's just plain rude.The guy ends up taking her meal home for his friend.