Esteemed Contributor

I have struggled with the premise of this show since the beginning. I never understood the draw to these characters. I found them so unlikable. They keep pushing this show as it is top rated. I am sure it will be renewed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fire Country

[ Edited ]

@elated I started watching as I loved Max in SEAL Team and I enjoy some of the stories and characters.

Honestly I thought  the premise was well explained at teh start. Bode is working a fire fighter to work off some of his prison setence.

Respected Contributor

I watched the first episode. Was hesitant to watch the second. That was enough. I just wasn't interested and didn't get the appeal. Felt the writing left a lot to be desired.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids I do not want to spoil last night's episode for those who recorded it. I do want to say I did not see that ending coming. I was shocked.

Fire Country is difficult at times for me to watch. Less than a year ago we had a large windswept forest fire that nearly breached onto the busiest commercial street in our mountain village. It almost trapped the Middle School students in their building before they could be evacuated. All local resources were focused on holding the line and getting busses in there to transport the children to safety.

I regularly see the Hot Shots running and working on building stamina to do their job.  We have a Hot Shot Firefighting Station here. Gratitude to these fire fighters runs deep in this community. I will continue enjoying what is to come on our weekly episodes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@RedTop I also noticed all the mistakes they made. No one would be allowed to use their room like that.

Over the years I've had 3 surgeries and NO makeup of any kind, no hair product, no jewelry, nothing was allowed.

I realize writers take artistic license but this is ridiculous. I used to like Sharon but not so much anymore. She's too much of a drama queen and Vince is just too smarmy so often.

Agreed! I've had surgeries as well, and was told no make up, no hair products, and you have to wash with a Betadine cleanser to be sterile beforehand. So yes, that was very unrealistic. I think Vince needs a haircut! I don't know too many fire departments that would allow scraggly hair like he has. 

Respected Contributor

I love this show.  I was so surprised at last night's ending but I still don't believe he was the one.  

The new guy seems too shady.  I think he is setting someone up.  

I really enjoyed last night's episode.  This show really keeps you on the edge of your seat.  The prison scenes were a little over the top but I can imagine in real life trying to evacuate a prison would be harrowing.  

I really hope the show continues for a while.  Friday is my favorite nights for TV viewing.  I love Swat, Fire Country and Blue Bloods.   

Honored Contributor

@On It I am plannng on watching later so thank you for no spoiler! I think I do recall you mentioning that fire at one time. I spent my first 61 years in So. Cal. and I can recall as a kid there was a horrible fire in Malibu and we could part of it from our street. Those men and women who fight fires are true heros in my opinion.

They do something I know I would not be able to do.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl Thanks for no spoilers as I will be watching later.

Collin, the new "nugget", is a snake in the grass and for sure us up to no good.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl @On It  Just watched it. Wow!

And I think the "suspect" is a red herring by the writers. I am sure the nugget who wants to "bro up" (do guys really say that) is the arsonist.

Respected Contributor

if you haven't watch this week's episode, skip this post.

don't you think a fire that has been burning for 6 days and a big prison was threatened, there would be more state police, there? National guard called into action? No, this rag tag prison firefighters saves the day. Such a stretch.

i agree the suspect is being set up. Is the nugget(hate that term) too obvious? i do hope this get renewed, not much out there for friday nights.