Esteemed Contributor

There were some old threads, but I thought I would start a new one. 

I had wanted to read this, but didn't get around to it.

Last night, DH and I watched it.  It was entertaining and heart wrenching, but I ultimately enjoyed it.

While I know it probably stirred some controversy, it didn't bother me (born and raised Catholic). 

Not sure I will read the book now. 

For those that did and saw the movie, did it follow story closely?

Honored Contributor

I saw it with my neighbor early this summer...if it matters, I am a church goer, she not so much.  We enjoyed talking about it after we saw it and mostly agreed.  The scenery in the movie was beautiful.

Regular Contributor

@Witchy Woman I read the book when it first came out and was so enthalled with it I couldn't put it down. When it first came out, there was a lot of talk about it being a true story. When I found out it wasn't a true story while reading it, I was so upset that I put it down for a few days but eventually went back to it. The book is much more descriptive than the movie with more content. My husband and I watched the movie a couple months back and both really liked it. I would highly recommend reading the book. You won't be disappointed, quite the opposite.

Esteemed Contributor

@MissMaggieMoo

I would like to think that for someone somewhere, perhaps it is "true."

Maybe not exactly as described, but the experience in general.

There are differing opionions on near death experiences, but I chose to believe them. Whatever happens is "true" for that person.

Mostly, I find the descriptions of what people have experiences as messages of hope for our life here on earth.  We will never fully understand, but the essence is one of love and goodness.

Something to hold on to in these crazy times!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs

Yes, the scenery brought me to tears!

Heavenly.

Valued Contributor

I cant even explain what this did to me  I went four times because something everytime became clearer  God is my  best friend but I fear death like crazy  That is not a good sign for a believer so I have alot to learn  I bought the movie and if you think the movie did huge things for me the cd I play daily  When Im scared which is often lately I play KEEP YOUY EYES ON ME

Trusted Contributor

Too much time has passed for me to remember how closely the movie followed the book, but I really enjoyed both.

mollymaggie, I love that song also. I need to buy the CD.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the movie for the first time last week but will need to watch it again.  The scenery was beautiful and so serene.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen it yet, but would love to see it!!!!!Maybe next weekend........ 

Honored Contributor

Re: Finally saw The Shack

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman  I didn't read the book before seeing the film.  I also bought a copy for my sister and myself when it came out for sale.

If nothing else, because I struggle with having patience (no issues with patience for animals, most family, wee ones and the elderly), I often find myself thinking, remember Bernie Papa Loves Us All :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise