Esteemed Contributor

Re: Finally quit recording The Talk.....

@chickenbutt  no people DVR  Now. VCR'S obsolete, yet I still have one, but don,t use it.

Esteemed Contributor

Julie Chen Update: She and Les are together,  married and live in Beverly Hills.

Julie Chen (The Talk Seasons 1–8)

Chen continues to host Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother, having emceed the reality franchise since its start in 2000. On air, she has started using the name Julie Chen Moonves, as she’s still married to former CBS CEO Les Moonves who was fired in 2018 amid multiple accusations of sexual misconduct.

Respected Contributor

The original host was Julie Chen and her husband is Les Moonves.  I'm fairly certain they are still married.  I don't believe he cheated on her while they were married but the alleged misconduct charges happened before he married her.

I've never watched Big Brother but as far as I know she is still the host of that show. I'm assuming it will be returning once the pandemic is over.  

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

I used to enjoy the previous hosts too. The show was so much 

fun when Aisha was on with the ladies. When Sara would crack

up it was rare but everyone was friendly and likeable.

Hosts don't last long anymore. The show has not been enjoyable to me

for a while now. Seems like a couple of them are vicious mean what

I read about how they got rid of Marie Osmond.

Sheryl is not funny and her silly skits are old. Seems like she turns on

her tears just for the cameras. Sharon will be there to the end and what 

more can you say about this woman and her family.

I watch the first 5 minutes most days and then shut it off. I would

not be upset or surprised if it gets cancelled. 

@threecees 

Thanks for commenting on Sheryl ... I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand this very unfunny woman.  She takes the role of "class clown", not an intelligent host with valid opinions.    Many times she'd say something and the other hosts looked like they were pretending to laugh.  Not good.

I think the Talk's downfall is it's poor choice of hosts ... who the heck is Eve and why would anyone care what she has to say?  Aisha was really a good host choice, very talented, but she wanted to further her career, and this wasn't getting her anywhere.  Sara leaving was also a real blow, as well. 

I wonder if Julie Chen ever watches this show anymore ....

Honored Contributor

I quit taping it at least a year ago.

It makes me want to puke when that commercial comes around and Sharon talks about respecting everyone’s opinion and bla bla.

I venture to say that she is so obnoxious...who’d want to listen to anything she’d have to say.

Respected Contributor

Sheryl Underwood flips from being religious to talking trash about her many men and sexual talk that is supposed to be funny but is not.  Her lectures and that sorority she keeps referring to and her sorority sisters.....Enough...We know she went to college.....I think they should have gotten rid of her instead of Marie...

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@chickenbutt  no people DVR  Now. VCR'S obsolete, yet I still have one, but don,t use it.

DRV's are boxes from your provider like Direct TV and your cable provider , and i think a lot of people , me included do DVR. I have many streaming services , so i do less for sure. Hulu has a package with built in Cloud DVR recording.

Honored Contributor

I watched it occasionally the first year it was on but it just went down hill from there.  

I still enjoy The View once in a while.  

Frequent Contributor

I’m so glad to see that someone else feels the same way I do.  I stopped recording the show about a year ago and I have not missed it at all.  I liked the show back when it was  light and fun.  Now it’s just an opportunity for a group of women to spew their opinions about what is happening in the world.  Unfortunately for them, I don’t particularly care about their opinions and most of the time I don’t agree with their opinions so why would I watch any longer?  People always say, “if you don’t like it, then don’t watch.”  Well, that’s just what I did.

Trusted Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I never got into The Talk but for many years used to watch The View.  I even got tickets a few times but never got to go into the audience...first time 9/11 had just happened and the second we were waiting in line but they cut us off 8 people in front of us.

However I simply can't watch them anymore.  It has gotten so extreme and one sided ....it always was to an extent but much more so the last year or so.

Totally unwatchable - One sided for sure!!