Respected Contributor

Finally quit recording The Talk.....

After Sara Gilbert left it has not been the same to me.  I loved her sense of humor.  Amanda Klootz and Elaine Welteroth are very nice and intelligent but not fun co hosts for me.  It used to feel like a group of women just talking and gossiping etc. and having fun.   Now it feels it is a bunch of long serious speeches.  I know there are serious things going on in the world which I turn on the news to hear.... not the talk.  Too serious now.  Just my opinion and was wondering if anyone else felt this way.  I guess if it is picked up for more seasons that will tell.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Finally quit recording The Talk.....

I quit taping The Talk a few months ago.
Also quit taping The View a year or more ago.
I'm happier!
Esteemed Contributor

I used to enjoy the previous hosts too. The show was so much 

fun when Aisha was on with the ladies. When Sara would crack

up it was rare but everyone was friendly and likeable.

Hosts don't last long anymore. The show has not been enjoyable to me

for a while now. Seems like a couple of them are vicious mean what

I read about how they got rid of Marie Osmond.

Sheryl is not funny and her silly skits are old. Seems like she turns on

her tears just for the cameras. Sharon will be there to the end and what 

more can you say about this woman and her family.

I watch the first 5 minutes most days and then shut it off. I would

not be upset or surprised if it gets cancelled. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I only watched it once in a while after Aisha left and then after Sara left, it just wasn't the same so I stopped watching all together.   I really enjoyed it in its early days......

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

Without Aisha & Sara I find it boring. I stopped watching. I think that Sharon has gotten way to arrogant & controlling. The show used to be a lot of fun to watch. It's turned into a daily version of the news.Boring!

Honored Contributor

Agree...but all Talk Shows have gotten unwatchable to me.,...maybe it's me but I just don't find them interesting or entertaining any more.

Respected Contributor

You all lasted a LOT longer than me. I bailed out when Meredith  left.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

After Sara Gilbert left it has not been the same to me.  I loved her sense of humor.  Amanda Klootz and Elaine Welteroth are very nice and intelligent but not fun co hosts for me.  It used to feel like a group of women just talking and gossiping etc. and having fun.   Now it feels it is a bunch of long serious speeches.  I know there are serious things going on in the world which I turn on the news to hear.... not the talk.  Too serious now.  Just my opinion and was wondering if anyone else felt this way.  I guess if it is picked up for more seasons that will tell.  

I have not watched since Aisha left.  The original group of women were enjoyable.

Honored Contributor

I never got into The Talk but for many years used to watch The View.  I even got tickets a few times but never got to go into the audience...first time 9/11 had just happened and the second we were waiting in line but they cut us off 8 people in front of us.

However I simply can't watch them anymore.  It has gotten so extreme and one sided ....it always was to an extent but much more so the last year or so.

Esteemed Contributor

Never watched and never missed.

I have my own opinion and don't need talking heads ...