Honored Contributor

Re: Finally a change at The View !!!

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

The only 2 who get personal are Joy and Meghan. As much as I disagree with Whoopi, Sunny and Sarah they don't get into the weeds like Joy and Meghan. The problem is Meghan is 1 against 4 and it's getting to her. Can you blame her? If it was even numbers on both sides she wouldn't have all the heat on her, but it isn't and she knew that going in. Anna is like paint drying to watch but she is very popular because of who she hates. 

@Nancy Drew It isn't Meghan's conservative views that get her into trouble. It's both her delivery, and her entitlement speeches that turn people off. This country is built on a two party system, so it doen't matter how many are on the panel. We need both sides represented.

In fact when Abby was on Meghan corrected her many times, because she was more moderate in her beliefs. the same is true for Anna.

I'm not sure what Meghan wants from anyone. I think she has major issues that she has to address. She is always angry, and that doesn't help get her point of view  across.

I disagree. It is her opinions not her delivery. Abby was so run over and bulldozed and never held her ground. Meghan does and people don't like it. Now when trashes those that the panel hates she becomes the darling of the day. They don't mind her delivery that day.

@Nancy Drew 

Never held her ground? 

The point of a discussion show is to have an exchange of ideas, not to achieve agreement with everyone else by holding their ground at all costs.

Both Meghan's delivery and personality need work if ABC is going to keep her on the show.  (She needs media training, but probably thinks she is perfect the way she is.)   He obnoxious behavior does not help the conservative viewpoint, but only makes it (and them)  look bad.  Which is not the point of the show.

Esteemed Contributor

I've watched a few minutes of "The View" and don't like anyone on that show.

If they weren't constantly arguing, though, the ratings would probably drop. The times I've watched it reminded me of Jerry Springer: people just fighting with each other. Not my type of program. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watch when there is a guest I'm interested in.  I think that Whoopi does try to remain fair and reasonable (not always), but is watchable. 

The real problem for me is having both Sunny and Joy.  They are both relentlessly bitter, joyless, humorless and unpleasant.  They repeat the same Views.  Only one should remain.   Joy is occasionally funny,  so I would keep her.

Joy is Joyless.

Sunny is Sunless.

Sunny is nothing but a dark, dour, unhappy scold.  She seems to hate everything and everyone. 

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

I do not watch anymore...too much nonsense.  Do these women ever solve anything?  Are they in charge of world peace or pipelines and borders?  Do they have a covid cure?  Can they keep viva in stock at my grocery store?  No point in tuning in to hear more disagreements unless you like watching train wrecks.

@Gabidog 

Are you under the impression that these hosts are supposed to solve problems?    That's really not the format or objective for most talk shows.

Esteemed Contributor

I know I am in the minority here but I like Joy.... I think she is intelligent and speaks her mind.  She isn't there to be a comedienne.  She doesn't like Meghan and it shows.  But then again, I read where they are really friends off-camera - so who knows?

Joy rarely talks about her family, unlike Sunny, who always manages to compare her family with others, blah blah.... She also never fails to remind us that she is a former prosecutor, etc.....

Joy, OTOH, never talks family (rarely) and says it like it is... I don't think she cares if anyone likes her opinion or not - but she says it anyway.  She's Joy, take it or leave it.  The View wouldn't be the same without her.  I like Sarah too and I can take or leave Whoopi.  She's the Moderator and that's all she is.  

When Ana Navarro first appeared, I loved her, but then she became too repetitious.  She is on too many shows and repeats herself on each one - but I still like her.

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Another thing about Meghan: its petty on my part but DH and I find her ever changing "look of the day", including frequently weird hairdos and amazing eye makeup (red eye shadow and heavy gold glitter) a daily opportunity for us to make jokes about her.  Sara is only a little older and always looks nice ( and contributes to the daily discussion) as do Sunny and Anna (when she's on).  Whoopi and Joy really have the gravitas ( and razor sharp wit ) to fill their roles as well. Except for Meghan, I really like the chemistry of of other women.

@patbz would these be the comments if it was a panel of men? Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

I don't care about Meghan's hair or makeup.  I care that she comes to the table with some manners.  I care that she's suppposedly there to give a different pov as representative of the conservative mind and she hasn't because she can't.  It's all about having a fight while complaining she doesn't like the fight.  There's no point in asking a runaway train to right itself. 

My guess is whoever decided who gets fired would rather not fire her and be called out for some kind of unfair bias. 

Honored Contributor

I enjoy the The View.   I only get to see a couple times a week but it is the only daytime TV I am interested in.  

Meghan really needs a lesson in basic manners.  I tune her out half the time because she is so rude.   She is not a good representation for the conservative movement or maybe she is.  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

And my mother used to say, "The conversation turns vulgar when people start discussing sex or politics."

@Annabellethecat66 

My mother used to say you do not discuss politics or religion in polite company.   I guess sex was OK!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I would say same thing with a panel of men.  If a man constantly talked about one of his parents or if he wore wildly distracting clothing on a so called "serious" show while discussing a topic, you betcha.  There's a difference in having a strong personal style (Woopie or Al Roker) and being attention getting just to do it (without personal credibility).