Honored Contributor

Finally Watched Titanic!!!!!!!

I didn't watch Titanic in the beginning because disaster isn't entertainment to me.  I see things for days and years.

On youtube I watched the out takes and had to see the movie!!!  Loved Jack and Rose, and the costumes. 

I ordered it from netflix, played the first disk through the glacier and stopped.  I sent it back!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Finally Watched Titanic!!!!!!!

@ECBG  Why did you send it back?  The movie had great special effects.  The movie certainly did not make me cry.  I loved the way the rich ladies dressed with their pretty big hats.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have never seen the movie Titanic and have no intention of doing so. 

I did see & enjoyed the original w/Robert Wagner.  I think he was about 19 or so at the time.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn’t love it like a lot of people. 

Respected Contributor

I have a hard time with "disaster" movies, too...especially something that really happened.  I did watch Titanic....the effects were good, but I thought the ending was foolish.  Never any interest in watching it again.

Honored Contributor

1. @Katcat1 wrote:

@ECBG  Why did you send it back?  The movie had great special effects.  The movie certainly did not make me cry.  I loved the way the rich ladies dressed with their pretty big hats.

@Katcat1 I can't watch disaster or overt pain.  I watch a movie for interest.

I watched Titanic for the beauty, when they hit that iceberg ( which was amazing) it could only go down hill.  I also saw the water coming in.  No up from there.

Years ago when I saw the movie where a volcano ravaged a town, I reached my limit.

Respected Contributor

Titanic is a James Cameron masterpiece.  The attention to detail, the historical accuracies, and the commitment to produce his vision as he imagined has made this film one of the best of all time (as per all movie experts). 

Yes, it is difficult to watch the disaster component, but as Cameron has stated, this film represents "human experience and emotion."

The movie truly deserved all of the many awards.

Respected Contributor

I have not seen it. I most likely will not see it.  I can take fantsay disaster. like the Towering Inferno BUT  Taking a REAL  disaster and userping  the Deaths and DIsruction  of those Real people as trappings for ENTERTAINMENT is not my cup of tea. 

count to 1.500 at the start of that film and if you are tired of counting before the end remember you have not counted yet someone who drowned or froze to death that night so you could enjoy Mr. Camerons special effects.

You want special efects go wathc Avatar.

Respected Contributor

Hi, everyone! I just wanted to share my unique experience seeing that tragic movie. This post brought back memories for me. I went to see this movie with my cousin the moment it came out in the movie theaters. The theater was sold out except for seats in the first row, so we sat in the front row-- a first for me (and a last, as well). When the Titanic started to sink and the ship filled up with water onscreen, I felt myself tilting my head back as far as I could, because I felt like I was trying to avoid that water in order not to drown, myself, as I was way too close to that movie screen. It was a terrible feeling. I can understand why many are choosing to avoid seeing this movie, especially right now.
Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I have never seen the movie Titanic and have no intention of doing so. 

I did see & enjoyed the original w/Robert Wagner.  I think he was about 19 or so at the time.

You're not missing anything. I tried watching Titanic several times, thinking that maybe I wasn't in the mood for disaster movies, but it didn't matter. I never did finish the movie. Overrated and just couldn't get interested in it. The "King of the World" scene was a huge turnoff and had no relation to anything. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain