Respected Contributor

Finale of "Elementary" spoilers ahead, skip if you haven't watched it yet

Okay, here is the question. In the final scene, Joan and Sherlock appear to be more than just friends, finally. Is it my imagination, or did you feel that was what we were meant to assume?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Finale of "Elementary" spoilers ahead, skip if you haven't watched it yet

That's definitely what I got out of it. When the episode ended, I said to my husband, I always hoped they would be together.

Respected Contributor

Hi Nancy, thanks for responding. Okay, good, it isn't just my imagination!  I too always hoped they'd get together. Actually, I kind of hoped Joan would use a surrogate and Sherlock would be the bio dad, but I guess that would be too much. I also sort of question working with the police again, since Joan didn't want to expose a child to the dangers of their joint profession. No matter, it's a fairy tale ending I'm good with, though I will miss the show.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This was one.of my favorite shows.

Respected Contributor

I agree. There are a few newer shows that have a similar feel to them, but aren't exactly the same. Looking forward to the return of The Good Doctor. 

Esteemed Contributor

Finally watched the finale and, as far as I’m concerned, the entire reason the show worked (for me) was because they were never a couple. That everyone - Sherlock, Joan, the captain and Marcus - was smart, good at their jobs and treated each other in a professional manner (more or less where Sherlock was concerned.)

So, as far as I’m concerned, I want Sherlock and Joan to remain the best of friends and they left it open enough for both scenarios to be possible. Will miss the show.