Honored Contributor

Re: Final Season of Succession

No words for how incredible tonight's episode was.

Everything about this show has been superb, I will miss it so much.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:
No words for how incredible tonight's episode was.

Everything about this show has been superb, I will miss it so much.

@Greeneyedlady21   I agree.   It was a bit disconcerting to see Shiv drinking champagne.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

Googled to find out the church in last night's episode , it's St Ignatius Loyola on the Upper East Side
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

The Succession podcast with Kara Swisher is excellent. Regarding the latest episode, she interviews James Cromwell, Jeremy Strong, and the funeral director for the rich who consulted on this episode.

Valued Contributor

I'm rewatching it again tonight as I feel as though I missed a lot of the plot, but what an episode!  Just when I think they'll never top the previous week's episode, they do.  I'm going to miss this show so much. I hear next week's finale is a super sized episode...two hours long. 

Honored Contributor

For all the cockiness and bravado Roman was showing, he just fell apart at the funeral, reality hit him hard. I thought Tom should have been at the funeral to support Shiv, I think Tom avoided  the funeral as he did take Logan's passing hard. How civilized that the mistress's sat with the ex wives! Connor should have been able to speak at his father's funeral, his half siblings don't treat him well. James Cromwell at the very least deserves an Emmy nomination for best dramatic guest performance. You got a little insight as to how Logan grew up, not a happy childhood, I got the impression the Roy kids never knew that about their father. 

Esteemed Contributor

Well, one episode left....will Greg be the successor?   It would take a big twist in the plot.   Maybe his grandfather, will take a central role?  I thought his eulogy was quite moving and strong.....Kendal seems quite strong but I'm still hoping Greg? 

Honored Contributor

What an emotional episode.   I am really going to miss this show.   The whole cast is amazing 

Esteemed Contributor

I've been betting on Greg since the beginning. Btw, I just read a NYT article about the food in the show. Family members almost never eat anything although several other characters did eat when it was considered gauche.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stray wrote:

Well, one episode left....will Greg be the successor?   It would take a big twist in the plot.   Maybe his grandfather, will take a central role?  I thought his eulogy was quite moving and strong.....Kendal seems quite strong but I'm still hoping Greg? 

@Stray ...I've been rooting for Greg all along...He has had a rather low profile in the last two episodes so we shall see what they have in store for us in the season finale which will be 1-1/2 hours long....some surprises and shockers I'm sure!

Such a well written and acted series...It will be missed for sure!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~