Respected Contributor

I can't believe how fake many celebrities pictures are recently. I thought recently Madonna has has some good work done and then daily mail shows what she really looks like in the same week without filters.My question is WHY bother , it isn't real. Khloe Kardashian is the worst , she looks nothing like her pictures in real life. No big deal for me , but these young girls on instagram are looking at pictures and asking and feeling bad about their self why they aren't as pretty , so sad.

Respected Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I can't believe how fake many celebrities pictures are recently. I thought recently Madonna has has some good work done and then daily mail shows what she really looks like in the same week without filters.My question is WHY bother , it isn't real. Khloe Kardashian is the worst , she looks nothing like her pictures in real life. No big deal for me , but these young girls on instagram are looking at pictures and asking and feeling bad about their self why they aren't as pretty , so sad.

Young girls on IG are saying that they feel bad about themselves because of how a 37 and 63 year old woman looks? These girls know all about filters and apps that are used to change appearances. Rather than worry about these celebrities, lets teach our daughters (and sons) about the negative effects of the sexual objectification of women, and become their role models.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

Re: Filters gone wild !!!

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@MW in Iowa wrote:

Young girls on IG are saying that they feel bad about themselves because of how a 37 and 63 year old woman looks? These girls know all about filters and apps that are used to change appearances. Rather than worry about these celebrities, lets teach our daughters (and sons) about the negative effects of the sexual objectification of women, and become their role models.

Sorry , the part about young girls should have been a seperate post , a few weeks ago a study about face book and instagram was t shown to be toxic because of unrealistic expectations of the images. Of course we have had retouching on magazines for a long time , but nothing the way it is in our society with social media.

Honored Contributor

Re: Filters gone wild !!!

[ Edited ]

Makes me wonder if any of them are using the Deepfake app. Anything is possible with that...it's frightening. It goes waaay beyond using just filters.

Respected Contributor

Honestly...the world of SM has gotten so self-absorbed, and gone a bit mad. It's all about "look at meeeeee"...posing, posing, posing. When you stop, step back, take a breath and really think about it...it's nuts. Time for them to step away and go live life, not just on "the gram." 

It's all too much now. Too much about nothing. And all fake, fake, and more fake.

Honored Contributor

I think the makeup jobs are incredible. Then with the filters it doesn't even look like the real person.

Just like that picture of Adele-it was beautiful but then seeing her without makeup, it didn't look like the same person.

so I think yes why? I'd rather see me or anyone look their best the way they really are.

I'm sure they feel bad when some photographer snaps them looking like they really look going down the street and not meaning for anyone to notice.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Frequent Contributor

@amyb - I agree with you some of these girls can't seem to do anything other then "pose for their self-abosorbed selfies", it's gotten so old now, who really cares to see what they are doing other then their family or friends.