Honored Contributor

šŸŽ„ Film: ā€œSpencerā€ starring Kristen Stewart movie no spoilers

Watched this show almost all in one sitting! 
Kristen Stewart is am impressive actress in my opinion.

Anxious to find out what others thought of this?

This portrayal of Diana was very different, to my way of thinking.

Also, it involved her story at the "in between" time... during separation. She was in the process of becoming her true self, which story was new to me.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: šŸŽ„ Film: ā€œSpencerā€ starring Kristen Stewart movie no spoilers

@LTT1 wrote:

Watched this show almost all in one sitting! 
Kristen Stewart is am impressive actress in my opinion.

Anxious to find out what others thought of this?

This portrayal of Diana was very different, to my way of thinking.

Also, it involved her story at the "in between" time... during separation. She was in the process of becoming her true self, which story was new to me.

@LTT1 while I thought Kristen Stewart was very good, this film was god awful. At the beginning there were words that stated this was a fable based on a true story. Diana comes off as being mad, it was boring, I can't imagine the Royal Family is happy with the way Diana was portrayed. 

Contributor

I was looking forward to seeing it, it's on HULU. I started it last night, I don't know if I will finish it and  I am probably only 15 min in, a very disappointing 15 minutes. 

Honored Contributor

@LisaRN wrote:

I was looking forward to seeing it, it's on HULU. I started it last night, I don't know if I will finish it and  I am probably only 15 min in, a very disappointing 15 minutes. 

@LisaRN I cannot stop watching something once I start I always think I invested time in it or it has got to get better. If you don't continue to watch it you'll have missed nothing and saved yourself some time. 

Trusted Contributor

I liked this movie a lot. I was very surprised how believable Kristen Stewart was as Diana. I could feel Diana's frustration and disgust at the sham she had to endure. Her relationship with her boys was portrayed nicely, especially the ending car ride.
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 

Well, I guess I was reaching a bit!

It sure wasn't what one would call "glamorous!"

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I ended up liking this movie.   I think the point was to show how trapped Diana felt that while she was portrayed in the tabloids as having a glamorous life with beautiful clothes she really had no choice in what she was allowed to do and this was day in and day out. 

a lot of the movie is what she might have been thinking or what she might have wanted to do but you don't realize that at first.

For the ending I don't think she did that in real life but I haven't looked it up.  but I do think that is what she would have wanted to do but I don't think she would have been allowed to do it.

And some of those outfits they had her wear were just crazy.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Didn't want to start a "new" thread on this movie, so....

Watched it last night and, while Ms. Stewart gets credit for making the most out of what I viewed as a depressing and awful role, the movie was, in my opinion, dreadful.

There was little or no information given to make you care about her, and just made her look unhinged at every turn.  We all know the story, but still, it felt disconnected and empty.

My heart ached for what she must have gone through, but the movie failed to make her a sympathetic character.  I cannot pinpoint what was missing, but it needed more than what I saw.

I remind myself that she was very young and surrounded by powerful people, so it was likely impossible for her to find her voice so she just acted out.

Nevertheless, it was very disappointing.