Trusted Contributor

Re: Field Of Dreams 30th Anniversary

yes it was a magical place to visit. DH played catch with some other visitors and ran the bases.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love this movie! Can't believe it's been 30 yrs. Another one I like is The Rookie.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

One of my favorite movie ever! Another great baseball movie is "For love of the Game" also with Kevin Costner. I would recommend it,thumbs up.

Honored Contributor

I love Field Of Dreams so much, everything meaningful about life told through a baseball story.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am sure since they are building a temporary stadium with only 8k seats,  those will be very hot tickets and hard to come by! 

Honored Contributor

I can't tell you how many times I've seen the film but I snot up every time I watch it.

I remember the first time I saw it: I left my seat when the film ended, walked into the theater lobby and saw a man leaning on the concession counter, sobbing.

I'll never forget that.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

So I have been thinking about this movie a lot. I love when Terence and Ray go looking for Archibald "Moonlight" Graham ( Burt Lancaster). They find out he was the doctor in the town and had since passed away. Ray later finds him, tried to convince him to come with him, he turns Ray down. Ray and Terence are driving and pick up a young Archie on the road! Moonlight Graham only got one at bat in the big leagues, he could have been good. Ray's daughter Karin starts choking on a hotdog(?), Archie comes off the field, as Dr. Graham he saves Karin's life, and he can't go back, he then disappears into the cornfield.