Esteemed Contributor

Re: Feminists: What Were They Thinking?

Interesting.

Women are what make this world worth living in.

Any man worth his salt knows that and respects it.  In my world.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 

No one need watch if they rather not. It is not required viewing. 

I understand that. But just the word will produce reactions that have nothing to do with the show. From people who will never watch the show. That's all I was saying.

Then more reason for the individual not opening the thread. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the reminder - I will be sure to watch this.

Respected Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

It will always be a man's world.  Sorry, but that's the hard, cold facts.  We are lucky we've come as far as we have.

Luck had nothing to do with it. Women were beaten, women were jailed, and women went on hunger strikes and were force-fed so that we could have the right to vote.

Women worked, sued, marched, called, wrote letters, got arrested, got called names, and subjected themselves to death threats so that I could have a bank account and credit card in my own name, not get fired if I get pregnant, and wear pants to the office.

It wasn't luck. I am grateful to those women, not to luck.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity I just watched the trailer and it looks fabulous. Thanks for posting. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just about any movement I can think of,  to change the quality of life ,has been spearheaded ,by the people who could be called a bit over the top

It takes people with a great deal of courage, to stick their necks out, and face scorn, and violence, for a cause they beleive in

Our world has been made so much bette,r by people who cared enough to challenge the status quo

Respected Contributor

We have made strides but still are behind in ways that are holding females down.  More young women than ever before are going into engineering and other male dominated fields.  There's an interesting article in the most recent Vanity Fair about the history of NFL cheerleaders, their pay and treatment compared to players.  They started out being payed nothing, raised to $15 for an in-home game and today they get a whopping $75-$100 compared to millions for players.  Don't jump on me for the obvious differences in the talent they bring but you have to read the article to understand the whole picture and the draw they provide.  It's just a small window of stingy advantage-taking that had strong roots from back in the 1970s.

I'll probably catch the Netflix show at some time but I lived it, I know what it was like to try to get a bank loan and a credit card.