Respected Contributor

Felicity Huffman goes back to work.

After one year , since her short jail time , has a new series with ABC , I think she kept a low profile and it helped . How does everyone feel about her getting a 2n'd chance so soon ? I think she deserves it . Now how long will it take Lori Loughlin to be forgiven ? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Felicity Huffman goes back to work.

I do not have a problem. She paid her debt to society, end of story as far as I am concerned. 

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa I believe everyone deserves a second chance, she seemed remorseful. I'll watch the show if I find it interesting, if not I won't.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Felicity is a fantastic actress and I am happy for her.  She admitted her mistake right away and paid her dues without complaint.  What she did was far less egregious than what Aunt Becky did.  

Frankly, I hope that Lori L. never gets another acting job.  She lied, and continued to lie, until it was in her best interest to fess up.  I hope she never gets another acting job.  They surely have enough money to live a comfortable life.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

To me, Felicity Huffman made a serious error in judgment that was actually a criminal offense. She owned it, apologized, and served the time given to her, plus completed community service and paid fines. Her motive was simply a rationale to press for advantage over others, not mere maternal ambition. But she did what was demanded of her and should be allowed to move on and achieve success and acceptance again. 

Society expects her to learn from her behavior and consequences, live better as a human being and citizen, not be scorned and condemned for life. I'm glad she's able to find work and grasp some dignity in her public type of work. 

I think I owe her understanding and tolerance for the dent she made in the social fabric. She'll earn back respect over time. I wish her well. 

I feel the same for Lori Loughlin.  The fact that she brought forward a defense at first, trying to make a practical resolution to avoid incarceration,  is understandable. Ultimately, she, too, accepted the forfeit of her freedom and other debt to pay. I'm sure she will prove she is as worthy of forgiveness as Ms Huffman. 

Let's hope all of their children understand the wrongness of their parents' transactions and show better character in their own lives. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe in 2nd chances, and Felicity to me seemed to have remorse for what she did, and she took responsibility for it, so I am happy for her and wish her The Best!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

She committed a crime, pled guilty and was punished. She seems to handle her time after her prison sentence like a PR crisis pro. So yeah a second chance is more than fair. I do find it interesting who gets a second chance and who doesn't tho. Society has a problem with consistency.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

I like Felicity Huffman, think she is a good actress and she paid her dues.  I am glad to hear she is going back to work.

I don't care for "Aunt Becky's" acting...I think she is just okay in that department.  I wish for both good luck in the future.  Everyone deserves a second chance.

Trusted Contributor

She paid her debt and admitted her guilt. I think she deserves a 2nd chance.  Lori Loughlin, no.  She never saw what she did as wrong and never admitted it until the last second (probably hoping she'd get off). I doubt Hallmark channel would ever consider taking her back since they fired her. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ I concur with the eloquentl, perviously stated, positive reactions! She has fulfilled her obligation to the penal system, and is deserving of all post prison liberties that are made available to her.👍😊

She should not be penalized, and ostracized for LIFE.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖