Honored Contributor

Fear the Walking Dead Returns Sun. 10/11 *Spoilers*

Looking forward to see how Morgan gets out of that predicament at the end of last season.

This was one series I gave up on during the early episodes in Season 1 but gave it another shot on Netflix and found it a tad better once they left LA.

I do like the later characters better than the earlier ones. 

I also like seeing Dwight-always felt sorry for him.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Re: Fear the Walking Dead Returns Sun. 10/11 *Spoilers*

Yes, I'm anxious, too, to see how Morgan gets out of such a mess.  He was a great addition to FTWD.  I shuddered to think, with the season's end, that they would kill him off, but we never know -- until we know.  Do we? 

In fact, over the last couple of seasons of TWD and FTWD, I found myself anticipating FTWD's storyline and character development more.  Probably due to my 'Whisperer' fatigue.  

I'm still a WD fan, though, and I do hope the plans for ending the show will do it justice.  Seems there's already a spin-off on the drawing board.  

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch   There is supposed to be a spin-off featuring Daryl and Carol.

Sounds like something out of the Bob Newhart show.  LOL

I would imagine the finale of Walking Dead will somehow conclude with those two leaving for New Mexico.  I think it was New Mexico they were talking about last season-something about going there.

Why NM I have no idea but then again Morgan left Alexandria and walked (mostly) all the way to Texas.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 Yeah, I can't wrap my head around a Daryl and Carol show.  Of course, they're on top of the fan base, but it may be a stretch for them to keep up the interest. Viewers have been dwindling, already.  

I guess it's a given they'll survive the series, if they're moving on.  That's an unusual bit of a spoiler for TWD.  It's supposed to be a spin-off that's more hopeful for the future.  Maybe moving toward some closure?  

I missed the NM location chatter.  I will be grinning remembering your post, if that's their destination.  I'd be interested to learn why NM, too.  But, a lot of things have just seemed random.  Maybe they'll settle in Angel Fire and take up art and crafting Woman Wink.   

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch   It was during the premiere of Season 10.  Carol and Daryl were in a forest area and she said they should leave for NM right away.

Daryl told her to wait.

I assume this is the set-up for the spin-off which supposedly will happen 10 years from the final season of Walking Dead.

Respected Contributor

I'm looking forward to seeing Morgan and I'm betting he survives.  I have a feeling the producers are not about to kill off a fan favorite.  They ruined TWD by killing off too many favs, especially Glen.  I also feel Carl's death and Rick's departure left the show feeling flat and uninteresting.   

I'm on the fence about a Darryl and Carol spinoff.  Too many fans want them to hook up and one can only hope the producers do a hookup justice and not make them silly/wishy washy with each other.  I have hated each time they have taken Carol down a direction that makes her come across as stupid and weak. 

Any of you watch The World Beyond premier?   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Besides Morgan's possible demise, there's a lot to look forward to in Fear.

Morgan has been there in the WD Universe since Day 1. 

I hate it some of the past characters killed off but it's a nice, tight group now, I like all the remaining characters.

@Cakers3 wrote:

Looking forward to see how Morgan gets out of that predicament at the end of last season.

This was one series I gave up on during the early episodes in Season 1 but gave it another shot on Netflix and found it a tad better once they left LA.

I do like the later characters better than the earlier ones. 

I also like seeing Dwight-always felt sorry for him.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dwight found Sherry!  Heart

It will be interesting to see how she has survived all this time.

I always felt bad for Dwight so I'm glad something worked out for him.

His haircut looks good too.  LOL

Now the bubonic plague-so used to all of the Walking Dead series focusing on whatever causes the zombie infection we forget about all the other diseases that can take over too.  Although there was the flu at the prison in The Walking Dead.

Fear the Walking Dead showrunners on that Dwight and Sherry reunion | EW.com