Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite show on HGTV???

I have Discovery +, and I've been watching the older HGTV shows like Designers Challenge, Room by Room and Carol Duvall.

It brings back memories when HGTV had a great variety of shows.

Now, it's just flipping and rehabbing houses. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a huge HGTV fan and think it's gotten a little out of control.  It was a great idea and is quite interesting at times to watch these home transformations,  but of course now, everybody has to do it!    I did watch some of the early shows like Chip and Joanna and the Scott brothers, other than that, not so much.  It's just overkill for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite show was Flip or Flop, but my current favorites are:

Home Town

Both House Hunters

My Lottery Dream Home

Christina on the Coast

Nate and Jeremiah Home Renovation

Renovation Island was good when they were rebuilding in the Bahamas. I thought this season of renovating their home in Florida was boring.

I do miss the older shows like Designers Challenge and Bang for your Buck.

@Oznell - Last year was Married to Real Estates' first season.  Their new season begins this Thursday - Jan. 12th at 9PM Eastern.  I remember Egypt Sherrod when she was helping first time home owners.

Respected Contributor

I watched the first season of Maried to Real Estate. 
It was okay. 

Trusted Contributor

I am really enjoying ugliest houses in America. I like Retta. She is perfect for this show.

My Lottery Dream Home is my favorite. Love David. 

I enjoy Home Town. 

I used to watch House Hunters all the time. It has become unwatchable. The scripts they are giving the home owners are horrible. 

Honored Contributor

I loved watching Nicole Curtis in "Rehab Addict".  It was nice to see old, often abandoned houses brought back to life, while keeping them true to their origins.

The only thing I watch now is House Hunters International.  I used to watch House Hunters but got tired of seeing essentially the same style houses and the people who wanted the "WOW factor!" and would criticize the smallest things.

Respected Contributor

House Hunters (& International)

Love It or List It

Lottery Dream Home

Honored Contributor

Home Town with Ben and Erin

Christina on the Coast

Looking forward to her new show.  Starts Jan. 12, called Christina in the Country (Tennessee).

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I am enjoying the Ugliest House in America.  Retta is a funny woman!  However, some of the houses I don't really see as that ugly.  I guess I like quirky things!  The house with all of the angels or cherubs, yes, it was a bit overkill, but I actually thought the stained glass windows were beautiful.  And I liked some of the old, antique features.  I don't understand why the people bought the house if they hated everything about it!  That doesn't make any sense to me.  Surely there were other large houses that didn't have all these features that they claimed they hated!  

I also love My Lottery Dream House.  David is such a doll! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin