Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite movies most have never heard of?

Stranger Than Paradise (1984), directed by Jim Jarmusch.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pass the Ammo...Tim Curry, Annie Potts, Bill Paxton, Linda Kozlowski

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

I'll go with the first one that jumped in my mind. Don't think it was very popular back in 1994, but I loved the movie Immortal Beloved. It was about the life and death of Ludwig Von Beethoven and starred Gary Oldman and Isabella Rossellini. I was visiting my friend in Atlanta and she had to work that day. I stepped out of my comfort zone and went to an afternoon showing of this movie all by myself. It was me and two other people in the theater. Woman Surprised But I got totally engrossed in the film and had the best time...all by my lonesome!

Trusted Contributor

@Spacrazy Ewww! I hate that movie. Charles Coburn's character was the most disgusting sicko that ever graced the screen. I saw that movie only once on TCM many years ago and I couldn't even watch it to the end. 

Respected Contributor

Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans.  It's a silent movie and very emotional.  Great acting with Janet Gaynor.  It's played on TCM every so often. 

Trusted Contributor

"Something Wild", a 1961 movie starring Carroll Baker and Ralph Meeker. Jean Stapleton was in it too, as a very un-Edith Bunker-like character. 

Honored Contributor

Home From The Hill with George Hamilton.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Blind Light starring Edie Falco

Respected Contributor

I don't know that no one has heard of it, but I have never heard anyone ever mention this movie.  Tequila  Sunrise with Kurt Russell, Mel Gibson, Raul Julia and Michelle Pfeiffer. 

Frequent Contributor

Into the West.1993 with Gabriel and Ellen Barkin. Just a wonderful haunting movie set in Ireland about the legend of Tir na nOg. Loved it so much