Honored Contributor

Favorite game show(s) what is/was yours?

To this day, I miss Hollywood Squares. I watch reruns of D*ick Clark and the $40,000. pyramid. I like word games.

I could go back to the 50's on 1-2 of them, but I'll leave that up to the rest of you.

Any favorites?

Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite game show(s) what is/was yours?

I like watching the Millionaire while I am eating lunch. I like to use my brain as much as possible as I age.

Honored Contributor

I liked The Match Game and You Don't Say, and To Tell the Truth. Of course, What's My Line. Today I don't like any game show.

Honored Contributor

Name That Tune, from the late seventies. Kathie Lee Gifford (back then, Johnson) got her start there as the singer. You Don't Say, from that same era.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Remember Leslie Uggams in Name That Tune?

I also liked that one Video Village (one Christmas my folks made a whole board game of that for my sister, brother and I.

That's just a couple for good measure thrown in.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

On 3/15/2015 Judaline said:

I liked The Match Game and You Don't Say, and To Tell the Truth. Of course, What's My Line. Today I don't like any game show.

Of course Jud, we would like the same games. I can not believe it. I was going to write down all of those, but you beat me to it. HAHAHAHAHAHA But I also loved I've Got a Secret. You Don't Say was probably my favorite. Who remembers the camouflage game?

I do watch Jeopardy!!! I have always loved that.

Honored Contributor

$64,000 question. I loved the Revlon commercials.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Valued Contributor

Loved the ones previously mentioned. I also loved Gambit with Wink Martindale.

I like The Chase which is on GSN. Turned it on the other day and saw they had celebrities on. Ugh! That's how they ruined the original Millionaire with Regis. Why can't they leave a good thing alone?

Honored Contributor

I've ALMOST (key word) started liking The Idiot Game, but not quite yet. I do like Family Feude because I like Steve Harvey and his quick wit.

I used to like the Match Game a lot. If I'm in the mood I like The Chase mainly because (unlike The Idiot Game) she doesn't constantly make comments, just a few, that are supposed to be funny.

That's what I think spoils so many of the newer game shows. They constantly make jokes that aren't even funny.

I like The Price Is Right and Let's Make A Deal.

Honored Contributor

On 3/15/2015 snowball said:
On 3/15/2015 Judaline said:

Of course Jud, we would like the same games. I can not believe it. I was going to write down all of those, but you beat me to it. HAHAHAHAHAHA But I also loved I've Got a Secret. You Don't Say was probably my favorite. Who remembers the camouflage game?

I do watch Jeopardy!!! I have always loved that.

snow, no way! I didn't think anyone would even remember those games. Yep, it figures we'd both like the same ones. I would like Jeopardy but I can't be rushed, and when I am, my tongue gets in the way of my eye teeth and I can't see what I'm saying. (old joke but it's the truth for me!)