Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite dresses at Golden Globes?

Never watched Oprah and not a fan of her acting but I admire and respect her accomplishments. 

I'm not good with figuring this stuff out, whether she had on a wig or extensions or what, but her hair was impossibly shiny, gorgeously, lavishly shiny -- anyone have any ideas how that was done? 

(Hopefully not something that cost $10,000 an ounce.  And hopefully not a wig or extensions made of mink.  I know she used to or stiill does wear mink eyelashes and don't respect that.). 

Anyway I want my hair to shine like that!!!  Anybody?

Regular Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Never watched Oprah and not a fan of her acting but I admire and respect her accomplishments. 

I'm not good with figuring this stuff out, whether she had on a wig or extensions or what, but her hair was impossibly shiny, gorgeously, lavishly shiny -- anyone have any ideas how that was done? 

(Hopefully not something that cost $10,000 an ounce.  And hopefully not a wig or extensions made of mink.  I know she used to or stiill does wear mink eyelashes and don't respect that.). 

Anyway I want my hair to shine like that!!!  Anybody?

Keratin treatments, maybe a weave. She looked lovely and appropriate as she always does. LOVED her eyeglasses!

Respected Contributor

@MaudlynnI noticed her glasses and loved them also. I hope some knockoffs make thier way to stores .

Trusted Contributor

None of the dresses did anything for me. I think a bit of color to highlight the face and for contrast is always good. Black can be a harsh color to pull off, even on a youngster.

dee