Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite Series Finales

[ Edited ]

Definitely agree with Newhart and MASH--brilliant endings.  I actually liked the ending to LOST.  It was such a weird show anyway, why not end it like that?

Private Practice was a decent ending, but not spectacular.

How did King of Queens end?  I only catch it in reruns.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

Definitely agree with Newhart and MASH--brilliant endings.  I actually liked the ending to LOST.  It was such a weird show anyway, why not end it like that?

Private Practice was a decent ending, but not spectacular.

How did King of Queens end?  I only catch it in reruns.

Doug and Carrie are fighting because she never gave up the Manhattan apartment.  Her father is getting married to Eva St. Claire and Doug doesn't want to go.  He gets drunk, lots of fighting, Arthur ends up marrying Spence's mom and Doug and Carrie appear to be divorcing. 

Carrie gets a call from the adoption agency that there is a Chinese baby for them and she tells Doug she still wants the baby and gets on the plane.  Doug ends up on the plane as well, in the row behind her, they work out their differences and get the adopted baby.

While in China, Carrie takes a pregnancy test and finds out she's pregnant.  They fast forward a year to Doug and Carrie with 2 babies in the house, which is chaos and Arthur comes in, I think with a suitcase and says "it didn't work out."

Then they play clips of past episodes and put Thanks for the Ride on the final screen.    

Valued Contributor

Newhart, Six Feet Under and Mad Men.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Lipstick Diva--It does sound like kind of a horrible send off.

Honored Contributor

Newhart

Sex and the City

Six Feet Under

Justified

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I had forgotten about how good the 'Mad Men' series finale was.  I sure miss that show.

As for 'King of Queens' - I really hated the finale the first time I saw it but I seemed to like it more, down the road, when I saw it again.   Sure, it was cliche and all that but I think it was a good ending for that show, in retrospect.

Honored Contributor

MASH had such a fantastic ending.....i think it had very high viewership also. it was probably the first show that had such a prolonged well done ending. it is also probably the one ending that has stuck in my mind the most.

although it veered so far away from the books, i  liked the LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE ending. it was so very bittersweet.

i watched this two part season finale the other night and remembered how great it was.....and how good the entire series was. FAMILY TIES.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

"Gilmore Grls"

"Mary Tyler Moore Show"

"Good Times"

"Ryan's Hope"

Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite Series Finales

[ Edited ]

St Elsewhere, Seinfeld and Newhart, Golden Girls. SATC

Honored Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

Newhart is my all-time favorite.  Simply brilliant!

It was Bob's real life wife, Ginny, who came up with the idea.