Trusted Contributor

Ahhhh @Jordan2 - St Elsewhere was such a great show and it did have a good wrap up. It was a unique ending for its era.

I think Under the Dome had a pretty good ending. They wrapped everything up YET if they want to resurrect it into a new series or story path they could easily do so. If they do this I hope they get some creative writers.

I can't think of too many others as I think I tend to dwell on what had bad finales:

Seinfeld - as previously mentioned

The Guardian - gee, they have a baby with Downs Syndrome and they leave us hanging as to the new chapter in their lives.

I am sitting here watching Mike and Molly wondering if this show is going to have a satisfying finale. Can't say I'm loving the story line at the  moment; that show has kinda gone downhill since they had Molly leave her teaching job.

Trusted Contributor

Newhart is my all-time favorite.  Simply brilliant!

Occasional Contributor

I loved the series finale for downton abbey 

every story got wrapped up 

wish they take it to the big screen 

it was well written 

Respected Contributor

"Mad Men" has one of the best series finales. It was very thoughtful and wrapped up everything pretty well.

"Lost" has one of the worst series finales. It left so many questions unanswered.

Honored Contributor

The worst is when a show doesn't know it's the series finale because they didn't get the cancellation notice in time to wrap it up. At least CBS did the right thing by giving CSI a 2 hour wrap up TV movie. 

Honored Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

Newhart is my all-time favorite.  Simply brilliant!

OMG that was my favorite too.  When he woke up in bed with Suzanne Pleshette from his series of the 70's I about fell out of my chair.  Loved it and so creative.  Hands down the best series finale.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

My  favorite was the Sopranos finale. I remember a lot of people thought that their cable went out and they missed the last minute! lol! Brilliant ending of a fantastic show.

Contributor

Re: Favorite Series Finales

[ Edited ]

Sex and the city!!

I'm a hopeless romantic and was so happy when Carrie and Big FINALLY ended up together!! 

Also agree with the Newhart and Mash finales 😊

One other that I loved was - Cheers.  I can still remember Sam walking out of the bar for the last time. 

Esteemed Contributor

Newhart is my favorite, too.  And what made it all the better was no internet at that time so no spoilers ahead of time!  :-)

Honored Contributor

Seinfeld ended the way I would have expected Seinfeld to end. 

As far as really bad sitcom endings, King of Queens was horrible.  I remember seeing an interview with Leah Remini and she said they wanted it to end on the worst note possible.  They achieved that.