Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite Early John Travolta Movie

[ Edited ]

@On It My favorite Travolta movie is "Michael" where he plays Michael the arch angel.  Loved that he smelled like chocolate chip cookies so women adored him, oh and the dancing

youtube john travolta michael dance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W29xpRD0BwE

see his wings protruding from back of his trench coat

Honored Contributor

Before SNF, he was in Welcome Back Kotter.  

When SNF came out, I recall being skeptical when so many said Travolta was such a good actor .... huh?  

He was early 20's, from New Jersey, playing the part of an early 20's guy from Brooklyn .....  he was basically "playing" himself.

However .....  that Bee Gees sound track really made that movie as successful as it became!    The story was secondary, IMO.    Can you even imagine that movie with some other sound track?  I can't.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 The BeeGees music MADE that movie!! One of my all time favorite groups. There were a couple of parts of the movie I could have lived without.

Honored Contributor

Reelz Channel often runs a behind the scenes back story tell all of SNF, it is quite interesting and John is a big part of it and many of the other stars of the movie. They also have one on Grease

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@tobes   I was going to write exactly the same.....Michael.  The dance scene always puts a smile on my face.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Reelz Channel often runs a behind the scenes back story tell all of SNF, it is quite interesting and John is a big part of it and many of the other stars of the movie. They also have one on Grease

Yes.  Now when I watch the movie and they show the scene where he's sitting on the park bench near the bridge and has tears in his eyes,  I think of how it mentioned it was because his girlfriend in real life was dying of Cancer.   Very poignant scene.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to say Grease...

Respected Contributor

@nada54 wrote:

The boy in the plastic bubble.   Sad movie but I always remember it.   And then of course Carrie!   I love scary movies.

I remeber him in The Boy in the Plastic Bubble. It was sad.

Esteemed Contributor

Definitely Saturday Night Fever! ....mainly becuase I get o hear the Bee Gees' music in it! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@cookie16 wrote:

Growing up in Brooklyn NY, mine has to be Saturday Night Fever.  The storyline, clothes, location etc. very relatable to me.  My favorite station on SiriusXM is 70s on 7, always liked disco music, especially Donna Summer and Bee Gees.

youtube has the whole album. I bookmarked it and play it sometimes while perusing the internet!!