Honored Contributor

Lately I have been listening and using some lines as my sig. What is your fav ND tune?

I think he did Rhinestone Cowboy before Glenn Campbell. Anyone know for sure?

Respected Contributor

Re: Fav Neil Diamond tune

[ Edited ]

Solitary Man and of course Cherry Cherry!

Edited to add....   one more ...  You Got To Me!   Those are my 3 favs from 1-3.

Honored Contributor

I Am.....I Said!

Respected Contributor

Re: Fav Neil Diamond tune

[ Edited ]

Was a diehard ND fan from age 12!

"I Am I Said" is my most favorite, as it is such a beautiful song, and so personal to him.

That said...certain album cuts I love, like "The Grass Won't Pay No Mind" is poetic to me.

Solitary Man and Brooklyn Roads also personal, and I love.

He's written so many beautiful entire albums...Jonathan Livingston Seagull is one...the movie bombed, but that soundtrack won a Grammy, and it's beautiful.

I could go on...but you did only ask for one. Smiley Wink 

He's such a prolific writer, and sometimes didn't get the popular credit he deserved...even while having a stellar career and huge "cult" fan-base. He wasn't always thought of as "cool"...he was a stand-out in his own lane..and did that like very few others have.

Respected Contributor

It is so hard to pick a favorite.  Over the years if asked, I would probably give a different answer each time.  They're all so good.  Right now at this time I will say Holly Holy.

Trusted Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1  Sweet Caroline followed by Cracklin' Rosie then Heartlight

Respected Contributor

I, too, have been a fan since I was 12! So many favorites, it's hard to choose...but I think "September Morn" stands out for me.

While I've been a fan for a long time, I have to say I didn't truly appreciate his brilliance at songwriting until adulthood.

Honored Contributor

Pin by Eddy Tan on Celebrities | Neil diamond, Diamond music, Diamond picture

Neil Diamond Wallpapers - Wallpaper Cave

Neil Diamond performs on 'The Ed Sullivan Show' 50 years ago this hour #OnThisDay #OTD (Nov 30 ...

Neil Diamond Photos (43 of 140) | Last.fm

Pin by Karen Carpenter on Neil Diamond | Neil diamond, Diamond girl, Diamond life

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Okay, so you have me listening to Neil Diamond this morning.  I have it narrowed down -- I think -- to Shilo, Play Me and Holly Holy.

If I had to choose one?  Probably Holly Holy.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I always liked Neil Diamond and when Sweet Caroline or Crackling Rosie plays I have to sing along. Does anyone remember that scene from Big Bang Theory when  Amy and Howard discover a mutual liking for ND ?  It is one of my favorites.o

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan