Esteemed Contributor

Fathers Day Father Knows Best Marathon

[ Edited ]

It starts Sunday morning  at 5 a.m. on Antennae T.V.

Ends at 10 p.m.

Always enjoy the Anderson family. Bud is my favorite, so funny.

Celebrating 65 year anniversary. Began in 1954.

.download (3).jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Fathers Day Father Knows Best Marathon

@threecees,  Antennae must be yet another retro channel I don't get but wish I did!   "Father Knows Best" was such a warm, sweet show--  excellent TV fare about the ups and downs of parenting, too...

Honored Contributor

I enjoy the reruns more than I did originally when I was young. Sometimes when I watch I recall Robert Young admitted to years of alcoholism including when the series was filmed.

Bud was my favorite too!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@threecees,  Antennae must be yet another retro channel I don't get but wish I did!   "Father Knows Best" was such a warm, sweet show--  excellent TV fare about the ups and downs of parenting, too...

FYI - FE TV shows Father Knows Best everyday at 9 AM and 9:30AM.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @drizzellla,  I do sometimes catch part of it on FETV in the morning, usually when I'm frantically getting dressed to head out somewhere!  I'm grateful to be getting FETV, and MeTV at least...

I just wish I got Antennae, and ALL the retro channels out there, b/c in my opinion, there's far more "gold" in vintage TV of all sorts, than there is now. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thank you, @threecees- these will be fun to watch again. It's been many years since I've seen an episode of this heartwarming series. ❤️

Trusted Contributor

I own the Father Knows Best Set.  

One of my favourite episodes was Margaret taking a day off and going to a little artsy area of town to a French cafe, having her picture sketched, maybe buying a hat. Not sure if the hat was in that episode or another! 

I also liked when Margaret did her heavy cleaning, hair under a scarf and what looked liked a lab coat. Sometimes, she wore a sweatshirt, jeans and sneakers too. 

Now, when I think of Jane Wyatt,  I also think of her in “Lost Horizon” with Ronald Colman. 

Honored Contributor

@trenet wrote:

One of my favourite episodes was Margaret taking a day off and going to a little artsy area of town to a French cafe, having her picture sketched, maybe buying a hat. Not sure if the hat was in that episode or another! 

I also liked when Margaret did her heavy cleaning, hair under a scarf and what looked liked a lab coat. Sometimes, she wore a sweatshirt, jeans and sneakers too. 

Now, when I think of Jane Wyatt,  I also think of her in “Lost Horizon” with Ronald Colman. 

Jane Wyatt was also in Gentleman's Agreement and Never Too late. 

Esteemed Contributor

@trenet wrote:

@trenet  Brief Holiday is the title of the episode when Margaret disappears 

for a day. I really liked that too. Boy, the family acted liked she would never

return for all her duties around the house. She deserved that day out,

but when the artist came to the door if I remember is when Jim found out

about her adventures for the day. 

Honored Contributor

Re: FatAhers Day Father Knows Best Marathon

As a very young innocent care free child I loved Father Knows Best.  It may be out dated and corny now but for me I liked seeing a decent loving family solve their daily issues , lessons were learned.