Honored Contributor

Starring Mark Wahlberg.  I ordered tonight and just watched it.  Eye opening.  I enjoyed it.

Honored Contributor

Is it similar to Father Brown?

Trusted Contributor

I saw the trailer....it looks so good. And I really like M Wahlberg too. 

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Is it similar to Father Brown?

I don't know.  I have not seen that one.  Honestly I don't watch long movies because I lose interest or patience. 

When an injury ends his amateur boxing career, Stuart Long moves to Los Angeles to find money and fame. While scraping by as a supermarket clerk, he meets Carmen, a Sunday school teacher who seems immune to his bad-boy charm. Determined to win her over, the longtime agnostic starts going to church to impress her. However, a motorcycle accident leaves him wondering if he can use his second chance to help others, leading to the surprising realization that he's meant to be a Catholic priest.

Respected Contributor

Just watched it yesterday.  I was disappointed in the screen play.  They wrote Father Stu as a rough uneducated   and knew nothing about the Catholic Church before his conversion.  None of that is true.  In Montana he went to a Catholic high School and then to a Catholic College graduating with a degree in English Literature and writing.  Later he received a Masters in Philosophy,  A far cry from how he was portrayed in the movie.  

Trusted Contributor

I watched this movie because of Mark Wahlberg, it just did not hold my interest, it was rather slow moving.

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

Just watched it yesterday.  I was disappointed in the screen play.  They wrote Father Stu as a rough uneducated   and knew nothing about the Catholic Church before his conversion.  None of that is true.  In Montana he went to a Catholic high School and then to a Catholic College graduating with a degree in English Literature and writing.  Later he received a Masters in Philosophy,  A far cry from how he was portrayed in the movie.  

Really! I guess it just wasn't exciting enough for Hollywood to tell the real story. Glad you told me. Maybe Mark should have delved into the script a little more.

Honored Contributor

Just watched this last night and it was so sad!  

I was very interested to read the information that was portrayed incorrectly in the movie. I would not have been happy if I were his family members that he was portrayed the way he was early on in his life.  

It was a very intense and moving movie, I will say that. And I thought he did a really good job acting.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@ValuSkr   No it isn't. but I love Father Brown series.