Valued Contributor

E6E078DA-12EC-4368-9680-F3EAED894A98.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ** Father Brown ~ Photo **

@Toots711 

We've been watching for a few weeks now...one episode a night using discs from our library.

It's a fun series, but we both laugh that Kembleford is a real murder capital.  Cat LOL

He's an entertaining character!

Trusted Contributor

I love watching this show and other British mystery shows on PBS.  The murders are not as gruesome as they are on many USA crime shows.

Valued Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Toots711 

We've been watching for a few weeks now...one episode a night using discs from our library.

It's a fun series, but we both laugh that Kembleford is a real murder capital.  Cat LOL

He's an entertaining character!

@Witchy Woman Have you watched the Sister Boniface Mysteries on PBS?  Similar in style to Father Brown. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zernia Rose wrote:

I love watching this show and other British mystery shows on PBS.  The murders are not as gruesome as they are on many USA crime shows.

@Zernia Rose  I agree!  Plus I love the scenery!

Trusted Contributor

So do I. I want to return to London for the theater and the Lake District. Beatrix Potter is a favorite author. Three undergraduate courses in British history spurred my interests as well as the literature along with an interest in the Fabian Society. The anti-colonial movements were definitely a draw also.  The Brits do have a marvelous way of creating language for these shows.

Esteemed Contributor

@Toots711 

I have never heard of Sister Boniface, but will put it on our list of things to watch. 

We were watching Death in Paradise and ran out of episodes to watch.  I guess it is still in production, so we'll have to wait for it to be available.

Also, there were a few episodes of Agatha Raisin and Shakespeare and Hathaway, but it seems they were not continued.

Both of us gravitate to the less grizzly murder mysteries, and enjoy the ones from BBC.