Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Police Show Ending With Joan Rivers Finale Special

i am a bit surprised that they are going to keep NENE on it, especially with all of the controversy surrounding her recently.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fashion Police was a big hit for the E Network.  It started as a half hour show during award season.  It was such a hit that they lengthened it to one hour weekly. I loved that show while Joan was hosting.  I often think people miss the reason the show was such a hit.  Gather Joan was funny, but what made the show great was her knowledge and information about the clothes and what was appropriate.  She lended a great deal of gravitas to her opinions.  Also when she criticized what people wore and gave her reasons, she brought up issues that were so inciteful and interesting.  She was also spot on about the successful dresses and reasons.  She had wonderful taste.

After Joan passed away they had Tim Gunn on the show as a guest panelists. I thought he was a great addition to the panel. I like when the panelists actually talked about the clothing.  Margaret Cho did not add anything.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i am a bit surprised that they are going to keep NENE on it, especially with all of the controversy surrounding her recently.

@sunshine45 What controversy surrounding NeNe?  

Respected Contributor

I love this show, past and present.  I may not care what the panelists say, but I do like to see the fashions.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

This show went steadily downhill after Joan.  I never thought I was easily offended but Margaret Cho managed to do it every time.  What a crass person.  I quit watching quite a while ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

This show went steadily downhill after Joan.  I never thought I was easily offended but Margaret Cho managed to do it every time.  What a crass person.  I quit watching quite a while ago.

@Phantom41- I can tolerate the rest but Cho ended it for me as well .Joan was one person who could pull it off but Cho is beyond crass....yuck! 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

Never Mind Sunshine45. I just read about the controversy with the stand up comedic act and the Uber driver, as well as her problem with Kim Zolniak and the comments made there as well. Wow!!!!!!!!! I hope neither of them are coming back to RHOA this year, or I may have to stop watching........

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45 What controversy surrounding NeNe?  

@CANDLEQUEEN

"Real Housewives of Atlanta" star NeNe Leakes clapped back at a heckler during a stand-up comedy show at the Paramount Theatre in Oakland, Calif., on Saturday, wishing sexual assault upon the woman in question. Now some fans are saying she crossed the line.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/nene-leakes-tells-heckler-hopes-raped-article-1.3551...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

In the age of great fashion blogs I didn't just watch it for Joan's style but mainly for her humor which was always spot on.  

Melissa is neither knowledgeable about fashion nor funny nor interesting

Giuliana never did it for me, she doesn't have a distinctive viewpoint and makes too much about her

I missed George Katsiopoulos

Nene, a stripper, really?  Whose own style is pathetic

Margaret Cho, no words

In its death throes Brad Goretski was the only one I enjoyed; I still miss his great show on Bravo

There's only one Joan but we live at a time when there are dozens of fantastic, funny fashion blogs.  This is my favorite, these ladies are knowledgeable and witty:

https://www.gofugyourself.com/

Respected Contributor

Finally.

The present group is awful.