Respected Contributor

Re: Farrah Fawcett special that was on last night 5/23

@Mz iMac wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

Her son is a piece of work.

The apple does not fall to far from the tree.   Like father like son.

@Mz iMac  I met Tatum about 12 or 13 years ago. I met her while I was staying at The W Hotel, for a weekend weddding. We got to talking and all she talked about was what materialist things she had and  how her father treated her and Redmond. I realized they were both really messed up and it was obvious to me what the cause was. Yes, she was obnoxious but I found myself feeling somewhat sorry for her. Redmond, he's obviously even more messed up, making terrible choices and is paying the consequences for his actions. 

So IMO, their father really messed them up but I believe, at some point we are responsible for the choices we make and again, we all  pay the consequences for our actions. Yes, Ryan isn't in jail like Redmond but IMO, Ryan greatly contributed to Redmond's unfortunate choices and behavior.  I never liked Ryan O'Neal because of his behavior. 

Farah loved him so much, that's where the shame comes in. She had so much to deal with and then Redmond on top of it all. She seemed so sweet and loving. Now, she is resting in peace.

As far as the apple not falling far from the tree, I can see that but with a caveat, knowing what I know. I can also see what  @SeaMaiden said.

It's an all around horrible tragedy.

Stay safe this long weekend.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

I thought the part where they showed Farrah with her elderly dad was sweet. It was nice to see Jaclyn Smith too. I saw an interview she did last year and she seems like such a genuinely nice person.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I thought the part where they showed Farrah with her elderly dad was sweet. It was nice to see Jaclyn Smith too. I saw an interview she did last year and she seems like such a genuinely nice person.

@colliemom4   It was so sweet and beautiful  how much Farrah loved her Daddy.  I think she was always a sweet small town girl....who became famous....but she stayed connected to her humble beginnings and really never changed.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Yes, I remember full pix of Jackson on People's cover and tiny pix of Farrah in the top corner. 

Which made perfect sense at the time.  Farrah was no where near the star that Jackson was.  Also his death was sudden, a surprise to everyone.  Farrah's death was not a surprise, it was expected.

Respected Contributor

They should do a part 2 and focus on what a jerk Ryan was.

Apparently Farrah left her art collection to the University of Texas. 

For some reason there were 2 Andy Warhol paintings of her and one was at Ryan's house. He refused to let it go and tried to sell it for $18M. 

I don't know how it all ended. 

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

They should do a part 2 and focus on what a jerk Ryan was.

Apparently Farrah left her art collection to the University of Texas. 

For some reason there were 2 Andy Warhol paintings of her and one was at Ryan's house. He refused to let it go and tried to sell it for $18M. 

I don't know how it all ended. 

@granddi   He sold the painting from the house for 18 million just a few months ago....

Honored Contributor

Did anyone see the series Ryan and Tatum had on the OWN network when it first started? If you watch him for a brief period of time you can tell he's got issues.

Honored Contributor

I saw that special years ago and watched some of it again the other night. I always liked her as an actress and of course loved her hair, my youngest sister looked alot like her when she was young. It must have been heart breaking for Farrah to have a son that was drug addicted.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@granddi The University brought suit against him claiming it was part of her estate.  Ryan was able to prove he was the rightful owner and that it was not part of her estate.  The University lost the lawsuit, decision was the second Warhol was not part of the estate and that Ryan was the lawful owner as he claimed.

That was about 8 years ago and only recently put it up for sale for 18 mil.  It has not been sold as yet.

Trusted Contributor

IMO.... Farrah contributed two major things.... one.... she helped change laws re: domestic violence after doing the movie "Burning Bed" and....two.... she helped people see a person deal with cancer.... it was very real..... 

I dont idolize celebrities.... however, I know in our culture many people look up to them and they can effect change.  My hat is tipped to those who make positive change.... and in Farrah's case I believe she did.... 

I think she was separated from Ryan and health issues drew them back together.  His was leukemia and hers was cancer.  They were there for each other.  As a person, I never liked Ryan.... however, he seemed to be her "rock".  I am glad she had him there for her.