Respected Contributor

Re: Farrah Fawcett special that was on last night 5/23

I sobbed for her, brave beautiful bright life cut way too short.

Her spirit was truly graceful and amazing.

Honored Contributor

Charlie's Angels was a real breakthrough and great role model show.

They were friends, they worked together for justice.   I thought it was great.

But Extremities is incredible.   She was amazing in it.

It was so realistic, she played the victim well, then turned the tables.

She was not just some TV actress, she received many awards & accolades for her work, she was a true star and could play any role.

She knew her days were numbered when she received her diagnosis.   I don't blame her for her choices.    A colostomy is no fun, particularly for someone who puts much stock in physical appearance.

Honored Contributor

I always have had a great deal of respect for her. I think she always wanted to be taken more seriously than just a pin up girl in a poster. In many ways she reminded me of Marilyn Monroe.

She was courageous facing death and I will always miss her. She was taken from this earth far too young.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

According to Wikipedia, she was nominated for at least four Emmys and also six Golden Globes but she didn't win any of them. She did win a Cable Ace Award.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

DH and I both watched this the other night and I thought it was very well done, along with her narrating it.

The number of years she went through all that she did and how she never gave up was unbelievable.  There were parts in the show that brought a tear to my eye.

The part where they talked about her contract with CA about how she had to be home at a certain time to have dinner prepared was ridiculous.  He was obviously very controlling and didn't want her career to be bigger than his; she made the right move in leaving him IMO.  She and Ryan were soul mates IMO; they had a very deep love for one another.

I've seen most of her movies and just remembered that she played Diane Downs in the 1989 movie "Small Sacrifices" about the woman who shot her children.  I believe Ryan had a small part in that movie.

Trusted Contributor

@MoonieBabyI have to agree - her struggle was so incredibly sad, but I salute her for never giving up hope. Anyone touched by cancer will be affected by this documentary. I loved the words in her journal - she seemed so much smarter than anyone ever gave her credit for. Rest in Peace, Farrah. Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I missed "This is Farrah Fawcett" last night and appreciate the reminder.  Just pulled it up on Hulu, so it is available for viewing there....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I missed this, but did watch her cancer journey which was filmed as she was going through treatments up until she was home in her bed dying which was aired after her death.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

Her son is a piece of work.

The apple does not fall to far from the tree.   Like father like son.

BIG DIFFERENCE  is his Father is not in Prison for attempted murder and more.  He may be difficult, but he is not a felon.

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

Didn't she choose to not have the extensive lower bowel rectal surgery that would have removed all cancerous tissue in that part of her body? Normal elimination would not be posssible so a colostomy bag would have had to be worn for the rest of her life. She did not want that, understandably, so she sought alternative treatments in Germany and possibly other places ouside the USA. Her cancer metastasized to other organs.

Who would want to live like that... and still have probably limited years remaining before the cancer killed you. Not me. I would not do that surgery either.