Honored Contributor

Farrah Fawcett special that was on last night 5/23

I thought it was very good. Showed her life from growing up to becoming  so famous.....and her  journey fighting cancer.  She put up a very good fight to live. And stayed so strong. She loved completely....her Daddy....her Son (no matter what), and her friends.  She was a good friend to others.  I thought she was a great actor in the many movies she acted in...

It is sad  her her son,Redmond,now is facing decades in prison for so many bad choices he made after her death.  His life was a constant up and down drug addicted life  prior  to Farrah’s death. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Farrah Fawcett special that was on last night 5/23

Farrah was so strong to fight the worst cancer that invaded her body - and flying to Germany several times - while in pain. She wanted to document all that she was going through with her great friend Alana filming her and being by her side. Farrah was a very good actress and "real" human being. It's hard to believe that it's been 10 years --- and very few people could take her place.

Respected Contributor

After Farrah died, I saw the movie that she made of her journey with cancer. I really liked her, she was strong, seemed very nice, and was loyal to those that she loved. It is a shame about her son, he was in jail when she died too. Such a shame. 

Honored Contributor

I was going to watch the show and completely forgot about it.  I remember the Oscars forgot to include Farrah in the part of celebrities that passed away in that year.  Ryan O'Neal was upset and I don't blame him.  She was one of the original angels, she was the first woman that made posters popular and her acting in The Burning Bed was excellent, etc., etc..  At least now she is at peace.  Hopefully, they will rerun it.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Missed most of it - I thought it was on tonight, for some reason.  Will watch On Demand.

I didn't know about her son. 

Honored Contributor

I read that her sister died of lung cancer at age 62. I saw the first show mentioned here. It aired shortly after she passed away but I watched last night's show as well.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I was going to watch the show and completely forgot about it.  I remember the Oscars forgot to include Farrah in the part of celebrities that passed away in that year.  Ryan O'Neal was upset and I don't blame him.  She was one of the original angels, she was the first woman that made posters popular and her acting in The Burning Bed was excellent, etc., etc..  At least now she is at peace.  Hopefully, they will rerun it.

@Katcat1   I did not know that about the Oscars leaving her out. Michael Jackson died the same day Farrah died which also seemed to push the news of her death on the back burner....sad. 

Trusted Contributor

What was the name of the special...thanks so much.  I would like to find it on DEMAND

Honored Contributor

@ruthbe wrote:

What was the name of the special...thanks so much.  I would like to find it on DEMAND

@ruthbe  This is Farrah Fawcett

Honored Contributor

@ruthbe wrote:

@ruthbe  I believe it's called This Is Farrah Fawcett.