Trusted Contributor

Does anyone else find the commercials for this dating service bizarre?  It’s like they’re selling this idea that “city folk” are terrible people.  I’ve never seen an ad for any other dating services that put “country folk” down, so why do they feel the need to do this?  It seems like a pretty low tactic to mock people who have a different lifestyle than your target customers in order to sell your service.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Farmers Only Commericals

There are dating services for many other groups so why not for people who want to live a rural life involving crops and/ or livestock? I think it is all about people who want this life, not against those who do not. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think their ads are terrific!  Reminds me of the olden days when you could identify the song that went with the commercial (Alka Seltzer, Shlitz beer,Burma Shave...), I remember their product and we are talking about it!

Honored Contributor

have never seen the commercials.

any particular channel they are featured on?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

have never seen the commercials.

any particular channel they are featured on?

@sunshine45 I’m watching MeTV, and they keep showing them.

Honored Contributor

I saw one tonight for the first time.  Reminded me of those fake commercials on SNL.  They're clever - got my attention anyway!

Trusted Contributor

One of those commercials had a girl who found a guy from the site singing the jingle and it was really bad! Off key, tone deaf, not sure, but just bad! They don't air that one anymore, but I cringed every time I heard it. 

Trusted Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

One of those commercials had a girl who found a guy from the site singing the jingle and it was really bad! Off key, tone deaf, not sure, but just bad! They don't air that one anymore, but I cringed every time I heard it. 

@StraytoStay I’ve seen that one.  They have loads of different commercials.  It’s the newest ones that make fun of city people.  

Honored Contributor

I think their ads are cute. So they poke fun at city people! I know city people who poke fun at country folks.

Personally, I was born and raised in So. Cal. and always wanted to be "country". Sigh.

Honored Contributor

I've seen there commercials running for years, nothing new.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment