Respected Contributor

Re: Farmer wants a wife show

I agree @stevieb.  Won't be watching this or anything like it. Cat Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

@HisElk1 - I caught maybe half of the first episode. But, I've got to say, none of these gals look like they would be able to survive life on a farm. They are too primped and there is no place on a farm for those manicured nails.

As a kid, I spent my summers on a dairy farm. I learned a lot on how to do things so I might be able to survive better than these gals.

Respected Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@HisElk1 - I caught maybe half of the first episode. But, I've got to say, none of these gals look like they would be able to survive life on a farm. They are too primped and there is no place on a farm for those manicured nails.

As a kid, I spent my summers on a dairy farm. I learned a lot on how to do things so I might be able to survive better than these gals.

@riley1 , as I was watching, I thought the same thing you posted.  The way they were dressed and wearing the high heel shoes, etc. made me think there's no way they'll be able to survive this or want to do this.

I only posted to find out what other poster's thoughts were; it's just one of those "mindless entertainment" shows.

Honored Contributor

The spin off show will probably be called "What Wuz She Thinking???"!

Trusted Contributor

I guess the guys are looking for a farmhand  "with benefits."

Honored Contributor

As soon as I saw the eligible females in waiting, I said NO to this show.  

Respected Contributor

Remember, this show is supposed to be entertainment.  The whole idea is to show these mostly city women and how ill prepared they are for rancher/farmer life.  And I have no doubt that the producers had them wear the high heels and short or lowcut dresses for that effect (and maybe to make them appear sexier to the farmers).  Do you think people would have been as interested if they all showed up in jeans, boots, cowboy hats and no makeup?  Nope!

That being said, there are probably a few who know how to ride horses and can adapt to rural living.  The ranchers/farmers have to pick one out of the original eight (now five) so future episodes will be showing how the others do NOT fit in to that lifestyle or connect with that farmer.  Even in the end, that doesn't mean the relationships will last and they will actually get married, as evidenced by The Bachelor/Bachelorette.  But maybe one or two might.  I guess it also depends on how isolated the farmers are and how badly they want a wife.