Valued Contributor

Re: Farmer wants a wife show

l found it interesting , but really pretty much a copy of the bachelor !  They did try hard to revise it some but the theme is certainly present ! 

Respected Contributor

Just finished the first episode and this show does have some of the characteristics of the Bachelorette.

I'm not sure how things will turn out with these women living on a farm and doing the work and getting down and dirty.  It looks like alot of the homes are on many acres not close to anything. 

Of course, they all showed up wearing their fancy outfits, jewelry, hair, etc.  It'll make for interesting entertainment.

Respected Contributor

Not my cup of tea.

Super Contributor

i tried but only made it 15 minutes

Honored Contributor

I do not watch the Bachelor or Bachelorette - I can't stand this type of thing.  I did watch the first episode of this.  It wasn't what I hoped it would be.  The women were all dolled up in clothing like they were going out dancing or whatever.  I was thinking if you were going to a ranch, why wouldn't you wear jeans, etc.?  

Any how, since each farmer --- more like rancher --- got to pick 5 -- where are all of the 5 women staying -- in the same house????  If so, that seems weird.  The houses did not look all that big.  

I don't know --- I'm not really thinking this will be all that different from the Bachelor and Bachelorette ones, with the exception of maybe the women possibly getting some cow poo on them or something!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE   I saw the commericals for this show.  I don't watch reality stuff.

It isn't just dolled up women. 

One of the attorneys I worked for was a total city guy, grew up in a large city in New York state. He married a girl from this area, her parents were farmers. His casual wasn't jeans and a tee shirt, it was khakis, loafers and a short sleeve button down shirt. He would have rather walked into a lion's den than go into his in-laws barn.

He came into the spooked office one day and said there was some strange animal making weird sounds outside his house all night.  After a lot of questions we determined he heard a..........bullfrog.

They have been together for nealy 20 yrs, he still hates barns, cows etc.

Honored Contributor

ROFL sounds like a dude alright. Up in Ind we had big ol' bullfrogs at night drove U nuts. Now, in Tx poor frog couldn't survive "no Country for old men" nor old women

LOL ROFLMAO  Good movie ! Tumbleweeds would cover up the frogs probably the cows. ROFL

weedmoving.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE   They bought a house on a busy 2 lane state road.  There were several houses on the road separated by 100 feet or so of woods. In the winter you could see your neighbors house.

He asked us, "what happens if I'm walking through "the forest" in the winter and there is snow, I might step on a bear". We all burst out laughing. #1, that patch of woods is not a forest, #2, Yogi is not just going to lie on the ground to hibernate. Obviously he never heard of bears and dens.

Heck of a nice man, but holy cat, he was so uptight if you put a lump of coal in him in the morning it would have been a diamond by dinner time.

Esteemed Contributor

It's like the Bachelor and all the other fake reality series. 

Honored Contributor

Nope, don't watch any of the glorified Dating Game shows, which are largely made up less by people looking for a match than those looking for a shoe in to the entertainment industry. Also don't watch any of the many glorified "Amateur Hour' tryout shows. The networks need to take it up a few notch. This stuff is just junk TV.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...