Honored Contributor

Re: Fargo fans season 4.....

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

Last night's episode to me was an homage to The Wizard Of Oz. The episode started out in black and white and they were in Kansas. The kid Rabbi was protecting found this little dog ( kind of like Toto). A twister comes damaging much in it's path, the kid survives the twister, opens up the door of his room, everything is in color. He then starts walking down the road with the dog reminiscent of the yellow brick road. 

I think this whole season has been an homage to The Wizard of Oz., with Dorothy being represented by Ethelrita.  Orietta Mayflower makes a perfect Wicked Witch of the West.  Josto is the Cowardly Lion. and his brother is the Scarecrow.  Who do you think is the Tin Man?

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter I haven't given it any thought to who could possibly be the Tin Man. I am sad the Rabbi seems to be dead, knowing what the kid was going through having been through it himself, he seemed to have the kid's best interest at heart and took excellent care of him.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter so I have given this some more thought. I think Satchel Cannon (Rodney L Jones III) represents Dorothy. The Tin Man who I always thought was the brains behind the group would be Doctor Senator (Glynn Turman) as he was the brains in the organization. Rabbi Milligan (Ben Whislaw) was the scarecrow, because we know Dorothy would miss him most of all.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter 

@Jordan2 

So who is "the wizard?Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I have a thought that Doctor Senator might be The Wizard. 

Honored Contributor

I had to search for this, I guess no one was watching. The finale was last night, I thought this season was really good, Chris Rock was amazing in this.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 

I agree. 

Honored Contributor

Great ending.  Especially when Orietta Mayflower wanted Josto to be killed first so that she could watch.  I suspected that Satchel would be in charge at the end.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I suspected that Satchel would be in charge at the end.

@deepwaterdotter  

What makes you think that?  Surely not from the scene during the credit roll?  The Kansas "Black Mob" ended w/Chris Rock as they were merged w/the Italian Mob.

Satchel is an assassin for the mob.  Apparently he was in the season previous to this one.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac Oh, OK.  Thanks for the info, it makes sense.