Respected Contributor

Fans of The Stranger question

Will there be 2nd season , or was that it , i liked the leading actress and actor , they would make a good couple.

Respected Contributor

Re: Fans of The Stranger question

I just finished watching the show. Although I enjoyed it and they certainly left the door open for another season, I think they should quit while they're ahead.

I just read an interview that Harlan Coben did with Variety .....

Is there any thought of doing another season?
My guess is I won’t want to do that, unless I can come up with an idea that’s equally good or better. Part of the deal I make with the viewer is you get all the answers — it’s a full novel. But I never say never.

Theoretically the Stranger could reappear?
She could. If we came up with an idea that would be as good, then yes.

A bit of trivia .....

Harlan Coben, the New York Times best-selling author of page-turning thrillers, wrote The Stranger in 2015, one of seven novels in a similar theme. Viewers curious to know what he looks like need only watch the detective at the computer in "Episode 2" of the Netflix series.

Good writing apparently runs in the family, and if viewers are paying attention to the credits in "Episode 5," they might just catch the name "Charlotte Coben" flash across their screens. That's Harlan Coben's daughter, who wrote the arc in that episode.

Trusted Contributor

@lmt @MW in Iowa 

The Netflix series Safe is also based on a Harlan Coben novel. You may already seen it or knew this. I just thought I'd add this.

i really enjoyed The Stranger!

Safe was good too.

Respected Contributor

I've read several of Coben's books. I have The Stranger but haven't gotten around to read it yet. Not sure now that I will since it would be redundant.

I checked my stash, and I don't have Safe.

Thanks for the tip, I'll add the series to my (ever growing!!) list on Netflix.  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

The ending was satifying , but left the door open  , all secrets were revealed. I would watch the 2 leads in something else for sure. I notice at least in this, british actresses look more natural than their american counterparts.