Trusted Contributor

Like many of you I have been waiting for season 8.  It's been announced it's not coming back until Feb 9, 2020.  The original date was supposed to be late fall so it's disappointing.  I read that since most of the filming was done abroad it took longer than anticipated.  Sigh.

Honored Contributor

@nova    I have been watching from the beginning and intend to watch until it ends; however, the anticipation of its return and wondering what happens next is no longer a thing for me. Thanks for the update.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Regular Contributor

I have watched Homeland since the beginning! In my opinion those first few seasons were some of the best ever. I will be there until the end. Sadly I have to wait longer than I'd like.Cat Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@nova , thank you for posting.  I will definitely tune in.  LM

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the update.  Had not heard about delay.  Was anticipating Fall viewing.  Guess we will just have to wait a bit longer.

Respected Contributor

Carrie is so annoying.

Honored Contributor

I googled my question about Homeland and the wait and here's what came up from this website:https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2477550/why-homelands-final-season-has-been-delayed-until-202...

And for those of you who don't like clicking on I'll post this:

"Homeland is an ambitious series — especially in its final season. [Showrunner] Alex [Gansa] wants to go out proudly, and that has involved production in multiple countries at times and in places that have some issues. It just takes time. There have been no missteps. It’s been a relatively smooth process. But it’s a very ambitious production schedule and it has taken more time than we [anticipated]."