Honored Contributor

I just watched this on Netflix, and it was so interesting. Christopher Kimball and Erin Mauer from America's Test Kitchen put on an authentic 12 course dinner from 1896, based on recipes from Fanny Farmer's cookbook. It was quite an undertaking, from sourcing the food to installing an actual wood stove which was used to prepare the food. If you love food, cooking and history, I highly recommend this program.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I watched this show when it was originally on PBS here.  It was excellent.  I agree completely with indoor kitty's comments.  Highly recommend for those interested in this type of show.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I just watched this on Netflix, and it was so interesting. Christopher Kimball and Erin Mauer from America's Test Kitchen put on an authentic 12 course dinner from 1896, based on recipes from Fanny Farmer's cookbook. It was quite an undertaking, from sourcing the food to installing an actual wood stove which was used to prepare the food. If you love food, cooking and history, I highly recommend this program.

Indoor kitty, wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  Thank you for sharing this wonderful show with the Q community.  Sending Happy Holidays wishes in case you do not celebrate Christmas.  Here's to a great 2017!

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

@jbinrwc wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Indoor kitty, wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  Thank you for sharing this wonderful show with the Q community.  Sending Happy Holidays wishes in case you do not celebrate Christmas.  Here's to a great 2017!

I do celebrate Christmas, and I thank you so much for your good wishes. I wish the same for you, and here is to more great suggestions for good entertainment ! 🎄🎅🏻🎄

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan