Trusted Contributor

FYI; One Life to Live's Erika Slezak, Vicki

Hi,

I miss OLTL, especially Erika Slezak. Still hoping Y&R or General Hospital will bring her on board. 

I saw her pop up for a 20/20 segment about Rebecca Shaeffer's terrible murder in 1989.  Rebecca was on OLTL for 6 months or so, as Annie Barne. She had a promising career and a lovely young woman. She had been stalked by a man who finally came to her home. She answered the door thinking it was a script being delivered, told him to never come back.

He returned that same day, she opened the door and he shot her.

This was a turning point which put celebs on guard to take serious precautions and action towards stalking.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Respected Contributor

Re: FYI; One Life to Live's Erika Slezak, Vicki

I remember that.  Rebecca was on a TV show with Pam Dawber at the time called "My Sister Sam".  And, I remember the fall out from the attack as far as people not feeling safe anymore.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

Her murderer was able to track her down and find her home address through the California Department of Motor Vehicles.  After her murder, laws were changed to prevent that kind of information released from the DMV.

Honored Contributor

@skittles2,

I also miss Erika Slezak, a very fine actress. I also remember well the horrible tragedy with Rebecca Shaeffer. So sad,

Maybe we will see Erika again on the soaps!

http://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2011/09/06/f97ce729-1c00-496f-b1e7-ccac9cd58d18/resize/210x305/b665e6c8bf2e1e8b64d39488bcd3cb3b/110906erika-slezak1.jpg

Regular Contributor

I was wondering what the connection was between Erika & Rebecca was. Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't remember her on OLTL but every now and then I wasn't keeping up with the show. I do remember when Rebecca was murdered. Such a horrible thing. I will be watching tonight. 

Frequent Contributor

I miss soaps alot. I don't even watch daytime tv anymore.

If I wanted to watch cooking shows I'd watch the cooking channel.

If I wanted to listen to a bunch of women blabbing about current events or celebs, I'd go to bingo or church. 

Soaps were always on whilst cleaning/cooking/etc... Or I'd record to watch later if I was at work. 

The world is full of awful news all day long and soaps were a fun escape from all of the craziness.

The networks should bring back AMC, OLTL, etc...

P.S. I will always be a Reva fan (GL) lol