Honored Contributor

Re: FX Miniseries On Bob Fosse

I finally watched the last two episodes last night.  The whole series was fabulous.  Hope they get nominated for an Emmy or Golden Globe!

Respected Contributor

Michelle Williams and Rockwell were fantastic in this.  I did not realize until I watched an old interview of Gwen Verdon how Michelle's voice and mannerisms were exactly like Gwen's.  She had her down to a tee.  Rockwell was amazing.   Fosse had such a distinct and unique style and when I saw his plays on Broadway you could always tell it was by Fosse.  I hope they get an emmy for their performances. It was such a treat to see such top quality on TV again.  I did not know how sad and in a way tragic Fosse's life was, starting with his parents.  He was such an amazing talent.  Loved Gwen in D_____ Yankees.

Honored Contributor

I have posted before, i would love to know if Gwen ever reconnected with her son, they never said in the show. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle She was never disconnected from her son.  He was 20 when Nicole was born and he was at boarding school when she married Fosse.  He gave an interview and said he felt this was more Nicole's story to tell.  He said he was close to his mother but prefers a low profile.

Honored Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

@Shelbelle She was never disconnected from her son.  He was 20 when Nicole was born and he was at boarding school when she married Fosse.  He gave an interview and said he felt this was more Nicole's story to tell.  He said he was close to his mother but prefers a low profile.

I got the impression she never saw him,  he was never mentioned since she left him with her parents. I have never found any more info on him in all the articles I found in the last few weeks. Good to hear he was not forgotten. I would have to agree, this was Nicole's story to tell.