Honored Contributor

Re: FX Miniseries On Bob Fosse

Another excellent show last nite!! You can see the real Fosse and Verdon doing the Pain number from ****** Yankees on You Tube, amazing!!

Honored Contributor

Just wondering if anyone is still watching? These two were ill suited for each other. Even after their divorce Gwen seemed to be able to pressure Bob into doing what she wanted.

Honored Contributor

Definitely still watching, I am enjoying it so, love all the Broadway history. BTW, these 2 never divorced, they just separated. 

FYI, last nghts episode ran very long , close to 90 minutes, if you have it recorded, make sure you have all of it. . 

Respected Contributor

I'm still watching but I have to say with each episode I am less interested.  Fosse is certainly being portrayed as the biggest cad there ever was.  That may be very true, however I wish there was more dancing and movie scenes to break up the monotony of his habitual cheating.  The actress portraying Anne Reiking (sp?) looks like a 15 yr old kid.  She couldn't have been THAT young could she?

I'm also not a big fan of all this skipping around between eras of time.  I blink for one minute and GV is in bed w/some guy I never saw before.  Next thing I know Anne is having an affair w/Fosse.  Maybe I dosed off, I dunno but a lot of the dialogue is sort of in hushed tones and I wonder sometimes what did they just say? 

I like the show I just feel a little more disappointed w/each episode.  In the movie 'All That Jazz' wasn't one of the lines "Die Already!"?  That's sort of what I'm thinking.  Cat Frustrated

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

Fosse and Verdon never did divorce.  I am still watching, and will continue.  I find Williams and Rockwell to be fascinating in this.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I'm still watching but I have to say with each episode I am less interested.  Fosse is certainly being portrayed as the biggest cad there ever was.  That may be very true, however I wish there was more dancing and movie scenes to break up the monotony of his habitual cheating.  The actress portraying Anne Reiking (sp?) looks like a 15 yr old kid.  She couldn't have been THAT young could she?

I'm also not a big fan of all this skipping around between eras of time.  I blink for one minute and GV is in bed w/some guy I never saw before.  Next thing I know Anne is having an affair w/Fosse.  Maybe I dosed off, I dunno but a lot of the dialogue is sort of in hushed tones and I wonder sometimes what did they just say? 

I like the show I just feel a little more disappointed w/each episode.  In the movie 'All That Jazz' wasn't one of the lines "Die Already!"?  That's sort of what I'm thinking.  Cat Frustrated

@jellyBEAN 

reinking and fosse got together when she was about 23. the actress playing her in fosse verdon (margaret qualley) is 24.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Someone posted earlier that Qualley is the daughter of Andie McDowell.

Reinking started out as a dancer in Pippin. 

Honored Contributor

I am looking forward to the making of Chicago, that should be coming up. 

Honored Contributor

Anyone ever see the movie, Lenny, I dont think I ever have, but Fosse and Hoffman were nominated for Oscars. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

Anyone ever see the movie, Lenny, I dont think I ever have, but Fosse and Hoffman were nominated for Oscars. 

I have.  Lenny Bruce's observations were rough and crude, but the movie was true-to-life and well-acted.